Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. Lisa
  4. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,
I have a clean install of Lion up and running right now. But for some reason I have two options in my boot selection for "Mac OS X Base System". I am pretty sure I know how I got them there; I installed the "Lion Installer" to my install partition by accident. Here is the kicker though; I reformatted my lion drive several times removing both partitions from it each time starting from a completely new slate before beginning my installation. They don't cause any issues with my current install. It's just a cosmetic thing but it's really annoying and strange that they are still there after so many reformats and cleans starts.

iBoot issue.jpeg

Recap:
  • 1. I done goofed and installed the Lion Installer App to my then Install partition.
    2. Started from scratch with clean SL 10.6.8 install creating a new Install partition.
    3. Booted into fresh new Install partition and started Lion install.
    4. Ran Disk Utility to clear SL partition for clean Lion install.
    5. Everything up and running great. I just want to get rid of those "Mac OS X Base System" thingies.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• iBoot issue.jpeg
    iBoot issue.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 922
Fire up terminal and type

diskutil list

This will give a list of all partitions associated with your computer. Find the disk or partition you want to hide and note the hard disk number and the partition number.

For example, If the partition is on disk 2, partition number 1, we shall refer to this as 2,1.

Open up your boot.apple.plist from inside your /extras folder, and add the following string. The drive identifier relates to the info we got from terminal:

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,1)</string>

You can add more 'HD( , ) parts for each and every partition you want to hide from the boot list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back