Contribute
Register

Want to move to Mojave from HS. How do I use IGPU4600 for Mojave but hide my Win10 970GTX from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 16GB Kingston Hyper-X grey
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX970
Hi All,

I have been on a golden HS for the longest time and hackingtoshing through many versions of macOS over many years. So much has moved along with new tools here and I need a little advice before I attempt Mojave, so I'm here to run a few quick questions by you if I may.

1) My rig is still unchanged from signature. I know and fully understand my 970GTX has no web drivers for Mojave and is useless right now in Mojave. My system currently dual boots High Sierra and Win 10. I use macOS for Logic work, Win 10 for gaming and mastering. Is it possible (using new tools perhaps like Lilu and Hakintool or some other method) to install and run Mojave using my IGPU (which is a IGPU4600 on a Haswell) connected via HDMI whilst keeping my 970GTX installed on my MOBO, connected via DP, but obviously on a different monitor input? Is there some way of patching Mojave so it sees the IGPU only and is blind to the presence of the 970GTX? I can't be dismantling the rig between boots. Is there any way to make that work?

2) If yes, that can be done then....whilst I have read at some length, and understanding that Haswell and the 4600IGPU requires some special tweaks, then do I need to do anything special that I haven't found out about reading here yet, to get 1440p @59 out via HDMI on Mojave?

I don't want to dive too far in if I'm going to instantly falter at question 1. Being stuck with the 970GTX for now, I'll be at least two versions of macOS out soon, and the longer I'm behind, the further my skill set falls behind as well. I like to keep educated as best I can and being behind is driving me nuts.

I know you will have answers. As always, I appreciate any replies and remain both fascinated and awed at the new tools created and at our disposal.

Thank you, and good things to you all.

Last edited:
you may interested to take a look

clover r5051+ add support for key names PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU in Devices/Properties

Add support for key names PrimaryGPU/SecondaryGPU in Devices/Properties - it can be useful for injecting specific properties to GPU where the monitor is or is not connected to, especially in cases where the monitor is not always connected to the same GPU when booting (for example, it can be used for disabling inactive GPU when OSX boots).

(for example, it can be used for disabling inactive GPU when OSX boots).

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. This does sound helpful and a potential solution. Does anyone have a procedure for this? Or is it a simple checkbox in CC or any better ideas?

Thanks as always!

I have another question after many hours reading.

If I acquire a Nvidia 710 can I install it beneath the 970 and run the 710 HDMI into my monitor using that for Mojave and the DP from the 970GTX for W10, with both connected to my monitor?

Or will dual GPUs simply not POST? Anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back