Graphics
NVIDIA GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Considering that Apple isn't upgrading Mac Pro 1,1 to Mountain Lion, I am thinking of moving to a Hackintosh until a new Mac Pro or iMac is released. Does anyone know of a good motherboard with two Gigabit NICs that works flawlessly with ML? Also, is OpenCL supported with Hackintosh? Any other "should've checked" things?

Thanks
Abbas

The only dual NIC board I have experience with is the GA-X58A-UD7. Totally compatible with 10.6,10.7 and now 10.8.

If you want a workstation, this is one to look at, although it will not be as fast as the newer boards and is still high priced if you can find it.

Otherwise, just check the specs for the boards on all the builder's websites.

there are loads of dual nic boards out there, so its more a case of which socket you are after.
depending on why you need dual nic, it might be a better option to go with 2 pcie cards, like the ones available by sonnet.

there are loads of dual nic boards out there, so its more a case of which socket you are after.
depending on why you need dual nic, it might be a better option to go with 2 pcie cards, like the ones available by sonnet.

Or buy the HP version of the Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server ($100+) aka the HP NC360T for $30 which I found on eBay.

I've got one for each of my desktops running link aggregation.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back