Contribute
Register

Want to Init Display first IGFX, but have IGFX disabled after BIOS/loading screens on Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gibabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

So, I have

Z77X-UD5H motherboard + i7 3770K + GTX 670 graphics card. Both have worked great OOB for several years now.

I never use the onboard graphics, but would like to have the onboard graphics enabled ONLY for the boot screens (the BIOS Screen, the Chimera screen, and the apple boot screen). My reason for this is purely aesthetic - using Nvidia cards, these bios and bootloading screens typically underscan and have large black space on the sides of the screen. When I use internal graphics, these boot screens take up the entire monitor screen space and it looks great - as there is no current fix for the Nvidia cards, the simplest solution seems to be this:

As my monitor has multiple inputs, I can run one cable from my onboard graphics from the motherboard to the monitor, thus giving me the ability to see the boot screens properly. Setting INIT display first to IGFX in the BIOS uses this output. However, internal graphics remain enabled even after booting. My motherboard will not let me both disable internal graphics and also use internal graphics as INIT display first - it simply switches INIT display first to "auto" and keeps internal graphics disabled, outputting through the graphics card on the loading screens.

Any suggestions as to how I can make this work?

I have nearly the same setup, with 10.9.1. Review Toleda's "AMD/Nividia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring on Mavericks" and see if it gets you where you want to go.

I have nearly the same setup, with 10.9.1. Review Toleda's "AMD/Nividia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring on Mavericks" and see if it gets you where you want to go.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...mary-display-airplay-mirroring-mavericks.html is what I assume you are referring to.

As interesting and helpful as that is, I'm confused as to how this relates to my above problem though. I'm actually not really sure what that is. It seems like this is a way of ensuring your Nvidia graphics card is the primary display when you also have IGFX enabled or something.

Could you explain this to me? I typically get this stuff but I'm not sure what this particular fix does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back