Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys !
3 months ago, i was upset to see my friends enjoying there 27" Imac... So here i am, mounting my first hackintosh with parts i already owned.
With my "old" gear, i am today with a Yosemite Hackintosh who work fine ! Thanks to tonymacx86.com (Thank you guys for your awesome work!)

I use my hackintosh for Lightroom / Photoshop (i'm a semi-pro photographer) and basic video editing (just iMovie things...). Sometimes, i'm enjoying play games like League Of Legends / CS:GO.

Here is my configuration:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Motherboard
Processor: Intel Core i7-950 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: G.SKILL F3-12800CL7-2GBPI 2 Go DDR3-1333 DDR3 x3 (6Go)
Processor Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P Cooler
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
Power Supply: Corsair TX750W
Case: Antec Nine hundred Mid Tower ATX
Disk Drives:
SanDisk SDSSDP128G 128 Go SSD Drive (OSX System)
SAMSUNG HD502IJ 500 Go Hard Drive (File System)
WDC WD740ADFD-00NLR5 100 Go Hard Drive (For Windows, video games)
Monitors:
LG W2261 22"
NEC LCD19WV 19"
Misc:
Steelseries Rival Mouse
Razer Arctosa Keyboard
Bluetooth Dongle

I know this configuration tends to be old, so i'm asking you what can i upgrade or buy (i'm not a hardware geek :lol: ) !

My "to-buy" list:
A bigger monitor (4K ?)
A new computer case with cpu cooler (because i didn't usually clean this one and it make so much noise...)
RAM ?
A FreeNas system (for Time Machine / FTP / t*****t client)
And any of your advice to upgrade my components !

Thank you for your advices, and sorry for my english (French froggy inside :oops:)

Last edited by a moderator:
go with X99 board and 6 or 8 core i7 and turn your X58a into a NAS. Get a case like like the Cooler Master Cosmos with 6 or more HDD slots to use all of your SATA ports on the -UD3R.

There is no support for X99, isn't it ?

No official support, no. But then, there is no support for the socket 1150 9 series either and both 1150 and 2011-v3 9 series boards are being used with some work-arounds. No worse than things were back in the socket 775 days.

There is no support for X99, isn't it ?
buy a gigabyte ud4 and a 5820k and you will have no issues with installing os x onto it.

i second the idea to just upgrade everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back