CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Not to be confused with machines that won't go to sleep, mine can't wake up.

I used Gordo's guide to go to 10.6.8.
Choose Sleep from the Apple menu and it goes to sleep. At least the power light is still on and there is some fan noise. Unfortunately, I can't wake up. Click the mouse (Apple Magic Mouse - wired - plugged into the keyboard), hit keys on the keyboard (Apple USB wired), press the power button briefly, nothing works.

Keyboard is plugged into one of the motherboard USB2 ports on he back. I couldn't see any "wake-on USB"-like settings in the BIOS to set up wrong.

Anyone with similar problems?

(Strangely enough, when I boot into Win7 it won't go to sleep!)

Cheers,

TooSixy said:
You're not alone. I used to have full Sleep/Wake-up on 10.6.7, but on 10.6.8, it will sleep (from the Finder menu), but waking up is a no go. I try USB keyboard/mouse and when the machine wakes up, it takes awhile for the machine to recognize keyboard/mouse, and my 2 Ethernet ports are gone. Then if I chose Shutdown, machine will shutdown, but fan keeps running.

From my readings, it looks like the AppleRTC.kext is causing it, but I haven't been able to fix it. It's doing the same thing on L-i-o-n, so my guess is that 10.6.8 is using the same kext file.

I got the same problem after updating to 10.6.8 (was slleping and waking fine under 10.6.7).

Problem was AppleIntelE1000e.kext : the intel 82579 was incorrectly reinitialized at wake and output an error after timeout. System was long to reset USB due to ethernet timeout.

Since I installed the new kext from hnak (found on InsanelyMac) ported from late source, it works fine. Network Throughput seems better, also.

GA-P67-UD3-B3 with 8400GS 1GB, used to go to sleep from Apple Menu or pressing the power button. It would wake up if I turned back the power on button within like an hour. But not over night sleep - turning on in the morning just like booting from power off condition.

I didn't mind that at first. But after I had the bluetooth dongle inserted for trackpad, it is now not so desirable:
a) choosing sleep/shutdown from Apple menu or power button sleep will go to blank screen, but the fans and power LED stays on!!!
b) even shutting down doesn't shutdown.
c) removing the bluetooth dongle didn't help.
d) 1333Mhz Patriot 16GB was showing 1066Mhz in BIOS in Auto Mode or 10.33 Multiplier - I thought was the problem from the other thread. Still no go.
Gonna try and report back here.

Waking up from sleep still didn't work for me using the latest hnak's AppleIntel1000e.kext file above.

I think network speed is faster though.

powerpcg5 said:
ocean223 said:

As the thread title says, the problem is "waking up" from sleep. Not going to sleep. The program above only makes your computer sleep, but doesnt fix the "waking up" problem.

For me it "fixed" both problems on one of my installs. Just thought someone might benefit from it by having a working sleep. :|

powerpcg5 said:
Waking up from sleep still didn't work for me using the latest hnak's AppleIntel1000e.kext file above.

I think network speed is faster though.

have the same problem…
after using the hnak's AppleIntel1000e.kext my system still unable to wake…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back