Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently added a GTX 760 card to take over the duties of my HD 4600 IGP. Everything worked out of the box even before including the IGPEnabler=No option through MultiBeast, except I have one problem.

My problem is that the machine no longer wakes from sleep. Instead the wake-up fails almost immediately and the machine reboots instead.

I'm using an ASUS Z97-Pro MB, which has a two-digit read-out of status codes. Without the GPU the read-out went blank when putting the machine to sleep but it changes to and continues showing `00' when sleeping with the GPU.

Any suggestions for getting sleep functionality back?

I recently added a GTX 760 card to take over the duties of my HD 4600 IGP. Everything worked out of the box even before including the IGPEnabler=No option through MultiBeast, except I have one problem.

My problem is that the machine no longer wakes from sleep. Instead the wake-up fails almost immediately and the machine reboots instead.

I'm using an ASUS Z97-Pro MB, which has a two-digit read-out of status codes. Without the GPU the read-out went blank when putting the machine to sleep but it changes to and continues showing `00' when sleeping with the GPU.

Any suggestions for getting sleep functionality back?

Sleep works well in GTX 770, but sometimes the sound is gone when it comes back from sleep, a reboot usually fixes this.

btw, I read from your post in your build thread that you managed to get the webcam and sound working on the apple thunderbolt display when it was connected through the thunderboltex II card on your asus z97 pro. I have the same built as you do, except i have the thunderboldex II connected to a GTX 770.

My problem is that the webcam and sound are not working.

Is there anything you did that made them work? Any indicator on where i should be looking to fix them up?

Sleep works well in GTX 770, but sometimes the sound is gone when it comes back from sleep, a reboot usually fixes this.

My problem is that the webcam and sound are not working.

Is there anything you did that made them work? Any indicator on where i should be looking to fix them up?

Thanks for your sleep confirmation.

All I did for the Thunderbolt II card are the relevant BIOS settings in my build thread and moving AppleThunderboltNHI.kext out of /System/Library/Extensions (and into storage) and then rebuilding the relevant system files by starting Kext Utility.

I'm not currently using the Thunderbolt II card, incidentally. It got shuffled out for reasons I can't quite remember.

Thanks for your sleep confirmation.

All I did for the Thunderbolt II card are the relevant BIOS settings in my build thread and moving AppleThunderboltNHI.kext out of /System/Library/Extensions (and into storage) and then rebuilding the relevant system files by starting Kext Utility.

I'm not currently using the Thunderbolt II card, incidentally. It got shuffled out for reasons I can't quite remember.

Brilliant, that worked! Thank you for making a man happy across the globe! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back