Contribute
Register

Wake Reason RTC EHC1 on 10.10 - Z77X UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem, but it seems to be USB related

Oct 31 06:13:36 mac kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC EHC1 (Alarm)
Oct 31 11:05:34 mac kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: RTC EHC2 EHC1 (Alarm)

Anyone in this thread found a solution yet? None of the above worked.

If this could be of any help, this post fixed the issue in my case: http://ispire.me/fix-yosemite-rtc-alarm-wakeup-issue/

That "fix" works but requires you do disable multicast which in turn will disabled features such as AirPlay, wireless iPhone sync, and computer shares to AppleTV. I wouldn't consider this a fix since you have to break other services. Still searching for a better resolution...

I had the same issue (RTC Alarm wake), but with 10.10.1.
Now with the update 10.10.2 the problem is gone !

That's great to hear. I wonder what they actually changed to fix this. On the support site they mention the following fixes:

"This update includes the following improvements:

• Resolves an issue that might cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
  • Resolves an issue that might cause web pages to load slowly
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Spotlight to load remote email content when this preference is disabled in Mail
  • Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
  • Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
  • Improves VoiceOver speech performance
  • Resolves an issue that could cause VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a web page
  • Addresses an issue that could cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
  • Improves stability and security in Safari"

I finally got this fix by doing the mDNSresponder fix by following the instructions from:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300072-wake-reason-rtc-alarm-how-to-deactivate/page-2

Here are the files posted from that thread that include instructions to fix this. My hack finally slept through the night with Wake on Lan enabled, BlueTooth wake enabled, and Network Time enabled.

mDNSResponder with Instructions.zip

Hmm, so the machine was able to sleep but I am unable to wake from lan. I am guessing this fix must have disabled that. I will need to test this by reverting the changes. I have already updated to 10.10.2 so hoping that resolves the sleep issue with wake on lan enabled.

I had the same issue (RTC Alarm wake), but with 10.10.1.
Now with the update 10.10.2 the problem is gone !

Are you able to wake on lan? Did you make any other changes or attempt other fixes?

Wake on LAN doesn't work. You'll need to disable it in BIOS in order for your PC to sleep and in Energy Saver prefs.

Wake on LAN doesn't work. You'll need to disable it in BIOS in order for your PC to sleep and in Energy Saver prefs.

Hmm, that is strange because mine was enabled in the BIOS and in energy saver preferences and it was able to sleep. I will need to investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back