HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks,

I just completed my first build and things have been great so far, a few bumps in the road but because of everyone here I have been able to get my CustoMac Mini almost to 100%. My only problem is I get a black screen for ~6 mins on wake up from sleep, then I can log in. I can fresh start, shut down, and restart just fine but waking from sleep takes forever.

Here is my setup:
Core i3 3225 w/ HD 4000
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
OCZ Vertex 4
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
ML 10.8
HP 2511x through HDMI
Dell 2109 through DVI

I ran MultiBeast 5.2.1 with the DSDT for HDMI audio exactly how tonymac showed except I made my system definition a iMac 12,2. I also ran Chimera 1.11.1 to get my HD 4000 graphics working.

Any ideas?

I am new to this but I read that how you define your system can effect the way power is managed and such. I am only offering this advice since there has been many views without response. You may wish to wait for a more experienced hackintosher. But if it was me I would try changing the system definition to MacPro3,1.

Hey folks,

I just completed my first build and things have been great so far, a few bumps in the road but because of everyone here I have been able to get my CustoMac Mini almost to 100%. My only problem is I get a black screen for ~6 mins on wake up from sleep, then I can log in. I can fresh start, shut down, and restart just fine but waking from sleep takes forever.

Here is my setup:
Core i3 3225 w/ HD 4000
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
OCZ Vertex 4
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
ML 10.8
HP 2511x through HDMI
Dell 2109 through DVI

I ran MultiBeast 5.2.1 with the DSDT for HDMI audio exactly how tonymac showed except I made my system definition a iMac 12,2. I also ran Chimera 1.11.1 to get my HD 4000 graphics working.

Any ideas?

There is another possibility: try to extract your own DSDT and patch it with this patch. Also, change your system definition to MacMini6,2 and use the SSDT from this post.

I have tried using MacPro3,1 and the iMac12,2 but not anything else. I will try what philip suggested, although the "...extract your own DSDT and patch it with this patch" may take some learning, still new to this hackintosh thing :)

Thanks for the advice! This community is awesome.

This is a shot in the dark but perhaps you might try PleaseSleep, it's freeware. I know it helps many Customacers make their computer go to sleep when they have issues, perhaps it also managers the awakening processes. Might be worth giving it a shot. Hope that helps. Let us know if you make any progress.

There is another possibility: try to extract your own DSDT and patch it with this patch. Also, change your system definition to MacMini6,2 and use the SSDT from this post.

Well I tried that and apparently I am still too much of a noob and kernel panicked my machine pretty bad on boot. I gave up and reinstalled. I am back where I started with just running MultiBeast 5.2.1 on ML 10.8 and this thing is still taking 5 mins to wake from start. What you suggested may fix it but I have no idea how to do it :(

Well I tried that and apparently I am still too much of a noob and kernel panicked my machine pretty bad on boot. I gave up and reinstalled. I am back where I started with just running MultiBeast 5.2.1 on ML 10.8 and this thing is still taking 5 mins to wake from start. What you suggested may fix it but I have no idea how to do it :(

Ok, how exactly you did this?

1. Is your board configured according to this tutorial?
2. How exactly you have extracted your vanilla DSDT and did you got any errors, when you patched and compiled it?
3. Exactly which options you have selected when you ran the MultiBeast?

Ok, how exactly you did this?

1. Is your board configured according to this tutorial?
2. How exactly you have extracted your vanilla DSDT and did you got any errors, when you patched and compiled it?
3. Exactly which options you have selected when you ran the MultiBeast?

We'll, I GOT IT! Ha, thanks. I am not sure what fixed it this time. I had my board configured almost exactly the same as the tutorial, the only difference was my boot order was set to UEFI, so I changed that to Legacy. (I tried to sleep at this point and it didnt work) Then I ran the patch again, and installed with MultiBeast and it worked after this. Last time I tried to manually edit my SSDT from that one post you linked to and I think that is what killed my setup, this time I didnt do that. My rig is now running at 100%! (well there is a 3-5 second delay for my mouse and KB at startup but that i can live with) Below are my DSDT settings:

Screen Shot 2013-02-02 at 11.18.30 AM.png

We'll, I GOT IT! Ha, thanks. I am not sure what fixed it this time. I had my board configured almost exactly the same as the tutorial, the only difference was my boot order was set to UEFI, so I changed that to Legacy. (I tried to sleep at this point and it didnt work) Then I ran the patch again, and installed with MultiBeast and it worked after this. Last time I tried to manually edit my SSDT from that one post you linked to and I think that is what killed my setup, this time I didnt do that. My rig is now running at 100%! (well there is a 3-5 second delay for my mouse and KB at startup but that i can live with) Below are my DSDT settings:

View attachment 45214

Glad you made it! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back