i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have recently built my first Hackintosh and for the most part was happy with how easy it was to get it all up and running. The only problem I have is that when the system goes to sleep I need to reset the keyboard.

System build is as follows
M'board - GA-Z68X-UDH3-B3, F9 bios
Video - Onbaord HD3000, running both DVI and HDMI
Memory - 16Gb Corsair Vengence (4 x 4Gb)
OS - OSX Lion 10.7.2

We're discussing this on another thread. It seems to be a problem with "wired" keyboards. A wireless USB keyboard doesnt have this problem.

Yeah I thought I'd seen something somewhere. Anyways I have changed over to a native USB keyboard, and have gone out. Pc should be asleep now and will wake up nicely when I get home. :cool:

powerpcg5 said:
It seems to be a problem with "wired" keyboards. A wireless USB keyboard doesnt have this problem.

My wired apple keyboard (with mouse connected to keyboard) have problems after sleep. Every time it goes to sleep (push power button to wake it up) I then have to plug the USB cable into another port in order to have the keyboard recognized.

Anything I could try changing in BIOS to make it work?
All I've done in BIOS is set boot drive and AHCI SATA.

EDIT:
I just went into BIOS and noticed that ACPI Suspend type is completely gone from my BIOS. I installed Lion on Bios F1, found out that there's only F2,F3 and F4 .aml files for multibeast. So I updated BIOS to F2 and now ACPI settings are gone.

Should I install Lion from scratch with the BIOS now in F2 and hope that the ACPI settings will show up again?

perkabrod said:
powerpcg5 said:
It seems to be a problem with "wired" keyboards. A wireless USB keyboard doesnt have this problem.

My wired apple keyboard (with mouse connected to keyboard) have problems after sleep. Every time it goes to sleep (push power button to wake it up) I then have to plug the USB cable into another port in order to have the keyboard recognized.

Anything I could try changing in BIOS to make it work?
All I've done in BIOS is set boot drive and AHCI SATA.

EDIT:
I just went into BIOS and noticed that ACPI Suspend type is completely gone from my BIOS. I installed Lion on Bios F1, found out that there's only F2,F3 and F4 .aml files for multibeast. So I updated BIOS to F2 and now ACPI settings are gone.

If I were you I wouldn't re-install. Just replace your DSDT and then flash the BIOS to match.
Should I install Lion from scratch with the BIOS now in F2 and hope that the ACPI settings will show up again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back