Contribute
Register

Wake From Sleep Causing KP after update to 10.11.2 Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Pjalms MaciASL DSDT patches and done USB 3 fixes renamed EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 & XHC1 to XHC. For MaciASL Repo heres the link. http://pjalm.com/repos/gigabyte/. Wont break your system if you can no longer boot then boot with -v -x to boot into safe mode and remove DSDT.

No good - still have the wake sleep problems after I made the edits and also no USB 3 devices.

I used Pjalms MaciASL DSDT patches and done USB 3 fixes renamed EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 & XHC1 to XHC. For MaciASL Repo heres the link. http://pjalm.com/repos/gigabyte/. Wont break your system if you can no longer boot then boot with -v -x to boot into safe mode and remove DSDT.

Did you apply these patches specifically because USB 3 wasn't working for you? For me the USB3 works fine on my board, at least when doing a fresh boot. Also is your Bluetooth module plugged into a USB 3 header or USB 2 header? I had to buy an adapter to plug the Bluetooth Module into one of my USB3 headers as the USB2 header didn't recognize it under OS X though the USB 2 header worked in Linux and in Windows, granted in Windows I had to manually select the Apple Bluetooth Driver, Plug and Play didn't pick it up.

Did you apply these patches specifically because USB 3 wasn't working for you? For me the USB3 works fine on my board, at least when doing a fresh boot. Also is your Bluetooth module plugged into a USB 3 header or USB 2 header? I had to buy an adapter to plug the Bluetooth Module into one of my USB3 headers as the USB2 header didn't recognize it under OS X though the USB 2 header worked in Linux and in Windows, granted in Windows I had to manually select the Apple Bluetooth Driver, Plug and Play didn't pick it up.

I had to renamed EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 because my onboard USB2 didn't work and I didn't want to buy a converter from USB2 to USB3 to connect my Bluetooth Adapter.

But I reverted this change, but still KP after sleep / wake.

I have the same issue after moving to 10.11.2 Could not find any solution yet.

bump...

no one else with similar issues? I want my sleep back.

My USB3 worked fine for me in 10.11 with the DSDT i already made for 10.9 and 10.10. I had to make changes in my DSDT because of the Port Restrictor in 10.11 so i renamed EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02 & XHC1 to XHC to get around the port restrictor.

I guess we will have to live without sleep for the time being. :(:(:(

There was more or less similar issue after the upgrade from 10.9 to 10.10

After sleep/wake there were USB issues. If you connect the iPhone for example, it instantly crashed. This was fixed by disabling CSM Support in BIOS.

I am wondering if this actual issue with 10.11 is also only a settings / driver issue.

Madman

It is disabled, at least in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back