Asus GT640 2GD3
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You will also require GraphicsEnabler=Yes for Yosemite. It uses GraphicsEnabler=No as standard.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Please note that there are plenty of people that have been having problems with NVIDIA 5** series cards. Many had to use an alternative card in Mavericks. YMMV. Info is given as a heads up only - It is not a recommendation to change your GPU as you may have no problems at all.

Hi Boss,
I am trying to install Yosemite on my system. After Apple logo I get this screen(attached). I also tried verbose mode and the pic is attached for the error. Hopefully you can guide me how to go through that. I am using GT640 card and I am trying to boot with -x only. I also tried GraphicsEnabler=No but still the same error.

In verbose model it says that "Waiting for root device" (pic attached). My ssd has Mavericks on it and I am trying to install on the same hard drive through clean installation mode. Hope you can suggest me something here. IMG_0770.JPGIMG_0771.JPGIMG_0772.JPGIMG_0773.JPG

Trying to install OSX Yosemite, but screen goes black after Apple logo

@ Macscm,

Please don't hijack another members thread. Your hardware an symptoms are completely different. " Waiting for root device" points to the USB drive USB socket being the problem. What port are you using USB 2 or USB 3? Best to use the USB2 port closest to the PS/2 socket.

EDIT - Moved to Yosemite Desktop support > Waiting for root device error.

Thanks Adrian. I appreciate your help. Sorry for misplaced post. I will be careful next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back