Contribute
Register

Waiting for remote debugger connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Graphics
GeForce GT 730
I always have been able to see KPs but in High Sierra installer (second faze) after KP a bunch of messages popping up with "Waiting for remote debugger connection" at the end. So I have to record the screen to see what came before. Am I missing something or is this normal for MacPro5,1.

I always have been able to see KPs but in High Sierra installer (second faze) after KP a bunch of messages popping up with "Waiting for remote debugger connection" at the end. So I have to record the screen to see what came before. Am I missing something or is this normal for MacPro5,1.
You probably have Debug enabled in your config.plist.

Do you mean debug=0x100? I need this otherwise computer restarts right after KP. But even without it the debugger message is present.

Do you mean debug=0x100?
Yes, It may be more useful to use ACPI > DSDT > Debug = Yes to save the information to a log file.

There are three Debug settings in the config.plist :

Debug 1.png

Debug 2.png

Debug 3.png

Incidentally, why are you using the MacPro5,1 system definition ?
It is not appropriate for your hardware if the information in your profile is correct.

All the debug flags are set to false. I only activate debug=0x100 using space and selecting it for one time boot.
I have been using MacPro3,1 since forever. I had to switch to 5,1 last year for obvious reasons. The only problem that I have with 5,1 is AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. Before I simply removed it but the way new installer works (by not extracting BaseSystem.dmg in first faze) I probably will have to create my own version and hoping that Clover will inject it.

What system definition would you suggest for my hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back