Graphics
None yet!
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was about to pull the trigger on my first build, but seeing now that Kaby Lake chips will be supported very soon in sierra should I build a 7700k build, and if so, what do I need to know to be sure it will be successful?

Last edited:
You can run a Intel i7-7700K. You just need to ad a Fake CPU ID. Its like "faking" Skylelake CPU.
Do it by the frist time you launch the Clover Boot-loader, before you start booting or installation will not work!

You need to set a this fake ID in Clover (look for Binaries): 0X0506E3 <- This is the ID!

You need it by every boot dosent matter USB Stick or Sierra HDD, but after installation you can edit the config.plist with Clover Configurator or by Hand.

Then it will work from alone.

But this only works so easy with external PCie based GPU.
If you want to use the CPU internal HD 600 series GPU you need some more steps.
Just follow this guide in the Link.

Chipset: If youre running Z170 Chipset it will be easier than Z270. Z170 is yet supported! Z270 not!
For Z270 Read this guide (Link)! There is all information about the i7-7700(K) and Z270 and GPU HD 600 Series

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/

If you are going to wait a while it will be much easier for a beginner (probaly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back