Contribute
Register

Vostro 3xxx series - Installation and dual boot guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anybody answer?
I just want to know if someone knows if I can Install The OS X on the New Vostros without any type of incompatibles?

Thanks.

Thalles said:
Could anybody answer?
I just want to know if someone knows if I can Install The OS X on the New Vostros without any type of incompatibles?

Thanks.

When did you buy your Vostro ? if it's a model after June 2010, you will probably not get QE/CI . Nvidia changed their graphics card. Go through the 67 pages and you will understand what i mean.
The wifi card doesn't work. you must replace it with a Dell 1510 model (Broadcom 43224 if i can remember). Again, all this has been answered already. You must take time to read this post.

Hello!
What is the best method of installing Leo?
I have Snow Leopard is 10.6.7.
The second video is not.
Dell 3700 2010.
Advice please!

doodoo66 said:
Hello!
What is the best method of installing Leo?
I have Snow Leopard is 10.6.7.
The second video is not.
Dell 3700 2010.
Advice please!

Hello ,
Do you mean Lion ?
You can upgrade or make a fresh install on separate partition.
You need Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in order to upgrade to Lion. Be more precise when you ask something, it will help people to answer you.

Please read at least the first 5 and the last 10 pages of this thread, or at least use the "search" tool before asking something that has already been asked, and if you ask about something that nobody asked before, give us the full info about your system and hardware version and what you've tried and where your setup is failing right now.

Kind regards (and sorry for my english, right now i'm too tired to write it properly)

Necrum

Managed to update to OS X Lion 10.7.3 with ComboUpdate (build 11D50b)
I had to :
replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext (i am using version 1.3.5)
patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (version 167.3.0) with speed_stepper_lion_1073_11d24 (see Flaked post at insanelymac.com)
applied AppleHDA rollback for sound
run KextUtility and reboot.

Minihack advised to mod DSDT for battery management in order to use latest AppleACPIPlatform.kext . I didn't find time to do this, and the Dell Vostro DSDT is so different from what i have seen at insanelymac.

No access to iCloud although i changed serial number with champlist.app and deleted network files and network items in system preferences.
If someone found a solution, i will happy to hear it.

Hi, I'm running Lion 10.7.3 on my Dell Vostro 3350, no dual graphics. I'm having problems with my USB. My iphone isn't recognized by iTunes (error 0xE8000065) and my M-Audio midi keyboard is being recognized by system profiler and Audio MIDI Setup, but then it becomes unrecognized right away. Since the iPhone error is probably a USB error, and the midi keyboard works on my windows portion, there is definitely something wrong with the USB. External hard drives work, I haven't tried one without a power source so it might have something to do with not getting enough power from the USB. What kexts should I use to get this to work?

If you need anymore information about my machine or anything, please just ask, I just want to get this keyboard working. Thanks!

audio fix for lion 10.7.3

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
Hi all!
Help please!
I bought a new hard drive on my Vostro to 1 TB.
Install Snow Leopard, install Leo, but does not install any chameleon or chimera ((((((((.
Help! In what may be the problem???

Hello all,

First, thanks for all your efforts and for sharing your knowledge with the newbies :clap:

I have some problems trying to install 10.6.8 in my Early Vostro 3500 i3 330M (pre july 2010). I am following the first post in this thread by Minihack and using his "New Vostropack.zip" from March 7th, 2011.

After 6 unsuccessful tries :banghead: (laptop either hangs or reboots), I am doing another clean install but I am waiting for your feedback at step 10.

I have some doubts around step 11. If I compare it to the general installation in TonyMac's Blog: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html it seems that precisely in step 11 I should open multibeast (just open it), install 10.6.8 combo update (without reboot) and then install multibeast with userDSTD (using the DSDT.aml provided in "New Vostropack.zip").

On the contrary, if I stick to Minihack's post, there is no multibeast involved in all the process (although there's an image that suggests otherwise in step 11). In addition it seems that I should apply combo update 10.6.8 in step 11 (without reboot), but there isn't any explicit instruction to do so.

What I have done in my previous attempts at step 11 is to apply 10.6.8 combo update (no multibeast), then follow with step 12 "install chameleon" and step 13 copy "Extra" folder to root folder... and so on. No luck :( .

I also assume I can stick to provided kexts and DSDT.aml in "New Vostropack.zip".

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back