Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've just tested 10.10.1 install flash drive, created with UniBeast and found that for some reason the VoodooPS2Controller.kext isn't being loaded during the startup and you know what that means - no keyboard and pad for the laptops during install. It's strange, because there wasn't such issue with the 10.10 UniBeast flash drive and that's not the most disturbing - the same thing happens with the flash drive that I created manually. Tested both flash drives with RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller and the result was one and the same - message about connecting a keyboard on startup. Obviously, there is something changed in 10.10.1.

Edit: Ok, false alarm. The kext is being loaded and the keyboard works, along with the pad, but there is still message about missing keyboard (reminds me the Lion installation back in the days).

I've just tested 10.10.1 install flash drive, created with UniBeast and found that for some reason the VoodooPS2Controller.kext isn't being loaded during the startup and you know what that means - no keyboard and pad for the laptops during install. It's strange, because there wasn't such issue with the 10.10 UniBeast flash drive and that's not the most disturbing - the same thing happens with the flash drive that I created manually. Tested both flash drives with RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller and the result was one and the same - message about connecting a keyboard on startup. Obviously, there is something changed in 10.10.1.

Edit: Ok, false alarm. The kext is being loaded and the keyboard works, along with the pad, but there is still message about missing keyboard (reminds me the Lion installation back in the days).

It is because you have BT firmware loaded, and the installer is picking up on it... Do a cold boot without BT firmware and you probably won't get that message.

This has nothing to do with VoodooPS2Controller.

At any rate, the solution is simple: press a key on your keyboard or plug in a USB keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back