Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot apply I2C controller patch to my DSDT original file instead of applying all patches from the 13 available only the first 8 succeeds and then error. I'm entered in MacIASL patch site this, in MacIASL as per guide:
http://raw.github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C-Patches/master

I did'nt notice the first time I was applying it that it stopped patching. I have deleted the extra "}" but it have only applied to the first "Device (I2C0)" an not all the following.

Will try to apply that patch by hand.
Thanks
Sounds like you've used patches for previous versions of VoodooI2C in the past (or have Kabylake or have otherwise changed something in your DSDT to conflict with the patches). You should start fresh with new DSDTs from Clover F4.

Hi Alex,
I started fresh using only patches I need and the issue still seems to be there. However you are correct in that I have a kaby lake processor. Is that the issue?

Last edited:
Hi Alex,
I started fresh using only patches I need and the issue still seems to be there. However you are correct in that I have a kaby lake processor. Is that the issue?
I wasn't replying to you. I was typing out my response to you now:

You unfortunately have an ASUS which has a buggy APCI implementation of GPIO. This is happens with many models of ASUS laptops (the telltale sign is that the trackpad entry appears at the end of the DSDT instead of with the rest of the I2C device template entries). I haven't discovered a fix for this unfortunately. A few people have tried asking ASUS for a BIOS update to fix these issues but they haven't done anything to fix it.

I wasn't replying to you. I was typing out my response to you now:

You unfortunately have an ASUS which has a buggy APCI implementation of GPIO. This is happens with many models of ASUS laptops (the telltale sign is that the trackpad entry appears at the end of the DSDT instead of with the rest of the I2C device template entries). I haven't discovered a fix for this unfortunately. A few people have tried asking ASUS for a BIOS update to fix these issues but they haven't done anything to fix it.

Thanks for your help. I guess I'll hold off MacOS for now then

Sounds like you've used patches for previous versions of VoodooI2C in the past (or have Kabylake or have otherwise changed something in your DSDT to conflict with the patches). You should start fresh with new DSDTs from Clover F4.

Thanks for the info.
I can confirm is a Core I5-6300 and according to Intel site "6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors 2.4GH Products formerly Skylake".
I can also confirm that DSDT is the original one with not a patch of any kind applied.
I did work on it.
Selecting the patch macIASL 1.31 says: "13 Patches, 8 Changes, 0 Rejects". I think it is not correct.
There is a single Scope _SB.PCI0 entry containing a Device (I2Cx), so six of them. Not a single one containing in it all the devices I2Cx. The first 6 lines of the patch empty this 6 Scope _SB.PCI0. As results I do have 6 consecutive:
Scope _SB.PCI0
{
}
The following 6 instructions insert in the first Scope _SB.PCI0 found in the file all the Device (I2C). I do not know if this is correct or not.
But than the sooner it applies the instruction to scope _SB.PCI0.I2C0 it adds an extra "}" an stop leaving all the following _SB.PCI0.I2Cx without patches applied.
If you compile it you get an error on that extra }. Taking it away leave the rest of the _SB.PCI0.I2Cx unpatched.

That is what I've done and sent you the result in my past post.

I can manually apply the patch but need to know a thing.
After cleaning all the device (I2Cx) the instructions that follow which fill the empty one must stay all together under a single Scope _SB.PCI0 or as per original F4 dump file each has its own Scope _SB.PCI0? Those make any difference?

For the rest of instructions in the patch I've rewritten them taking away the extra } and apply the patch pasting it in patch window.

Either for all the other patches as the one for windows and the one for GPIO: all seems to be applied correctly.

Thank you again.

You seem to have a rare Skylake machine whose DSDT looks like a Kabylake's one. In that case it does not appear that you need the I2C controller patch.

Can you start from scratch with new DSDTs from Clover F4 and apply all patches except the I2C controller one. Send me your new troubleshooting archives once that is done if it still does not work.

You seem to have a rare Skylake machine whose DSDT looks like a Kabylake's one. In that case it does not appear that you need the I2C controller patch.

Can you start from scratch with new DSDTs from Clover F4 and apply all patches except the I2C controller one. Send me your new troubleshooting archives once that is done if it still does not work.

Thank you. WOW...
OK made it works applying just 2 patches (GPIO and Win10)... and as per guide to TPD1 GPIO pinning with 1B (the other number I didn't try was 7B).
Now in log things are better even if there is this lines:
FMCN not implemented in ACPI Tables
SSCN not implemented in ACPI Tables
Warning: Error getting bus config, using defaults where necessary (do I have to configure something?)

I'm using only VoodooI2CHID.kext and not the other 2 satellites kexts.

In System Preference under TrackPad it not showing: this is bad?
2 finger scrolling as a real Mac laptop it is working. Need to test other gestures...
Any other suggestion?

I'll let you know but at least now it is working as a mouse...
Thank you very much

Another piece of information:
adding VoodooI2CELAN to E/C/K/O it panics at boot.

While adding VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext stop the TP to work.

Hope it helps.
Thanx

Another piece of information:
adding VoodooI2CELAN to E/C/K/O it panics at boot.

While adding VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext stop the TP to work.

Hope it helps.
Thanx
Why would you need VoodooI2CElan or VoodooI2CUPDDEngine? You clearly do not need them. The satellite kexts page explains this to you.

If you don't get the trackpad prefpane then you should reboot a few times.

ACPI tables are warnings, not errors. You can ignore them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back