Contribute
Register

VoodooI2C Help and Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no mistake, however, I redid the procedure and now it seems there are other files in the .zip file.
I used the kexts I found in this section.
To install them use Kext Utility.
OK, IOReg looks better now, without the I2C controllers patch.

kextcache output is still problematic. Remove VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext from /S/L/E.
Then install latest release (re-download them) to /L/E with the method I've suggested (cp command in terminal).
3rd party kexts should not be installed to /S/L/E like Kext Utility is doing.
After you install kexts in the method I've suggested, you should rebuild the kextcache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

You should also patch the _CRS method under ETPD for GPIO pinning:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning

@alex.daoud Dear Alex (guess it is your name)
I have a Kaby Lake Razer Stealth i7-7500u and was follow the instruction to get the trackpad showed up and working. It's just that it only single-click support and no multi-touch gesture. I am attaching all the required files and hope you can help on enabling multi-finger support for the trackpad. I saw there are somebody else posting on this thread too as they have Razer laptop and no multi-finger support.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Thank you.
Hello, I did not hear from anyone so I just want to do a follow up in case my post is forgotten. I hope to get support from anyone who can help. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Razer-Stealth-Trackpad-Files.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
Hello, I did not hear from anyone so I just want to do a follow up in case my post is forgotten. I hope to get support from anyone who can help. Thank you very much.
I think your laptop has a Synaptics touchpad (You may verify in Windows Device Manager), which uses a proprietary protocol.
Although it was supported in v1 of the kext, it wasn't successfully ported to rewritten v2.

Until VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext will work with v2, you could try using v1.0.4. You'll need to modify your ACPI ID to one of the supported IDs in v1, like SYNA0000. Not guaranteed to work well/at all, though.
We won't be able to help with that, too...

OK, IOReg looks better now, without the I2C controllers patch.

kextcache output is still problematic. Remove VoodooI2C.kext + VoodooI2CHID.kext from /S/L/E.
Then install latest release (re-download them) to /L/E with the method I've suggested (cp command in terminal).
3rd party kexts should not be installed to /S/L/E like Kext Utility is doing.
After you install kexts in the method I've suggested, you should rebuild the kextcache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

You should also patch the _CRS method under ETPD for GPIO pinning:
https://voodooi2c.github.io/#GPIO Pinning/GPIO Pinning
Thank you very much ben9923, I finally managed to solve the problem thanks to your help!

I think your laptop has a Synaptics touchpad (You may verify in Windows Device Manager), which uses a proprietary protocol.
Although it was supported in v1 of the kext, it wasn't successfully ported to rewritten v2.

Until VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext will work with v2, you could try using v1.0.4. You'll need to modify your ACPI ID to one of the supported IDs in v1, like SYNA0000. Not guaranteed to work well/at all, though.
We won't be able to help with that, too...
Thank you for your response. Yes for sure it is Synaptics, and now I know it is not fully supported. Thanks anyway and please keep me updated if you come up with any fix for in the future. I will stick with single-finger trackpad now.

Thank you very much ben9923, I finally managed to solve the problem thanks to your help!
Hey can you help me out on how to install macOS on my laptop? I have the same laptop as yours and I need a complete guide. Can you please tell me all the steps?

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for releasing VoodooI2C v2.0.3, because it fixed my issue with ELAN1200 trackpad. Up until VoodooI2C v2.0.2, the whole trackpad covered about half of my screen even with tracking speed set to fast, the trackpad didn't react to that setting at all. Now with 2.0.3., the trackpad resolution is fixed, it reacts to tracking speed settings and movement acceleration also works.

Thank you,
Petr

i have sniptics click pad V2.0 on rmihid i used your kext but not working at all any help please?

Elan0608 I have a problem with trackpad is empty and two finger scrolling not working
my gpi0 pin is 3f I couldn't change it
installed voodops2controller.kext+voodoi2c.kext+voodoi2chid.kext
I m struggling since four days trackpad empty not appear under system preference and two finger scrolling
can anyone help me? please
problem reporting file attached

Attachments

• debug.zip
    811 KB · Views: 86
Elan0608 I have a problem with trackpad is empty and two finger scrolling not working
my gpi0 pin is 3f I couldn't change it
installed voodops2controller.kext+voodoi2c.kext+voodoi2chid.kext
I m struggling since four days trackpad empty not appear under system preference and two finger scrolling
can anyone help me? please
problem reporting file attached
Try VoodooI2CELAN.kext instead of VoodooI2CHID.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back