Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
On my Precision M4800, I'm working on getting audio working somewhat better. Here is the situation where I am now:

I patched the DSDT to let AppleHDA work with HDMI sound -- it works perfectly.
The internal speakers and headphone ports are being handled by VoodooHDA. The speakers work. The internal microphone works. I don't have an external microphone to test.

There is also a headphone/speaker jack on the docking station for this laptop. It also works.

In the audio settings, I get Speaker (Analog) and Line-out (Green Rear). Both of these work. The Line-out green rear is referring to the docking station line out port.

When I plug in earphones, Speaker(Analog) changes to Headphones (Green Front). However, no sound comes out of the headphones. I can't find the headphones in the voodoohda preference pane.

Any idea of what I can do to enable the headphones? The audio chipset is Realtek ALC3226, which may be the same as ALC292.

In case it matters, in my DSDT, I have an HDEF device that looks like this:
Code:
Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                Offset (0x08), 
                Offset (0x09), 
                PMEE,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))
            }
        }

I can't help too much with VoodooHDA as I've never used it, but I know there is some configuration involved via its Info.plist. So you might look into that...

And have you tried patched AppleHDA?

I can't help too much with VoodooHDA as I've never used it, but I know there is some configuration involved via its Info.plist. So you might look into that...

And have you tried patched AppleHDA?
Although it seems like the incorrect thing to do for keeping a hackintosh as native as possible, I want to have a system where I keep /S/L/E clean and just use Clover for all my needs. I'm pretty sure you have to re-patch AppleHDA for each revision, which is going to be kind of a huge pain. So for my case, Voodoo seems better.

I'll consider it if it's necessary.

I'm playing with VoodooHDA's plist now, but no luck yet.

Although it seems like the incorrect thing to do for keeping a hackintosh as native as possible, I want to have a system where I keep /S/L/E clean and just use Clover for all my needs. I'm pretty sure you have to re-patch AppleHDA for each revision, which is going to be kind of a huge pain. So for my case, Voodoo seems better.

I'll consider it if it's necessary.

I'm playing with VoodooHDA's plist now, but no luck yet.

With Clover, you can patch AppleHDA on the fly.

With Clover, you can patch AppleHDA on the fly.
Well, I know of a thread on another forum where a very knowledgeable Brazilian fellow is patching AppleHDA for people, so I asked.
Hopefully I'll get a good result.

However, if I have an unpatched file and a patched file, what will I need to configure in clover to have it apply the patched one? Just throw in the in the kexts/10.9 folder?

Well, I know of a thread on another forum where a very knowledgeable Brazilian fellow is patching AppleHDA for people, so I asked.
Hopefully I'll get a good result.

However, if I have an unpatched file and a patched file, what will I need to configure in clover to have it apply the patched one? Just throw in the in the kexts/10.9 folder?

Worry about how to patch on the fly after you have a working patched AppleHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back