570TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I just finished a hackintosh with a i7 2700k @ 4.6ghz, GA-Z68XP-UD3, intel nic, onboard sound, Nvidia GTX 570, USB 3.0 Caldigit Drivers, Crucial m4 ssd (trim enabled).

Set as imac 12,2 with custom SSDT to work with the overclock.

I am having issues working with Vms in both fusion and paralells and I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issues and/or has a fix?

Problem: Setting up a new Windows 7 x64 VM results in various CRC or .sys missing boot up errors, even BSODs sometimes.

If i get to a windows screen, some programs fail to install over a network share, and others simply cannot complete becuase it says files are missing (even though the installer is complete and there).

It points to a harddrive issue - but it is virtual. I have tried both complete storage size and growing as more space is added (up to 64GBS) and i believe the controller is lsi-scsi.

I have done hardware scans on memory, SMART among other things on my actual hardware, but all come up good. I have had NO issues with installing programs on OSX itself.

The other part is, I imported a VM created with my MBA of win7 x64 and it worked fine .. until i had to install a big program of some sort.

Anyway, any feedback will help. I am thinking of doing a fresh install to see if it persists.

Thanks for reading!

odd issue. some random thoughts....

i assume setting the Intel virtualization (vt-d, vt-x) is a prerequisite for running VMWare Fusion. if it's not set in the BIOS, you might want that set.

have you tried different fusion compatibility setting, i.e. fusion 5 versus fusion 4 versus...?

have you tried different advanced fusion settings, for virtualization (i.e. vt-x, vt-x with EPT, auto, etc)?

have you looked at the vmware forums? this is probably not exclusively a hackintosh issue.

I think I will try using different version of fusion after a clean install. Maybe that would narrow it down. Thanks for the suggestion.

Virtualization in bios is set and working.

Here goes another night.. lol

I think i found the issue.

The problem stems from choosing 1 core for the VM over 2 or more. So if i create a VM, I have to create it with 1 core otherwise I will run into CRC errors and corruption. This happens in both parallels and fusion for me.

Now to fix that..

Through the years I have had these CRC trouble two times on my hackintosh's. Both times they were a bad RAM module (Even passed the linux memtest). But again both times were fixed by installing a different set of RAM chips. My suggestion is to RMA your RAM and see if that works!

Kevin

This was with VMs or just overall?

NM you just said it passed memtest..

this is odd. if it is the ram it would explain a lot.

Replaced the motherboard and did a clean install.

Upgraded to a z77x-uD5H since my board had other problems with it.

Everything seems to be working great now. Guess my old board wasn't cutting it anymore. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back