Contribute
Register

Vmware fusion 5 and osx 10.8.2 not working. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,

The only solution I currently use is to run the Virtual OS in a single window (Not Full screen or in Unity)

Uhm... When starting W7 from a single window then expanding it to full screen I have no problems... Weird...

Hey all, I wanted to update this thread with the following info.

My machine a gigabyte Ga-x58a-ud3r (rev 1) Intel socket 1366 chipset. I have disabled the "Virtualization Technology" area in my bios and
vmware fusion 5 still will not run. I have not tried vmware fusion ver 4 but its on my "to do" list.

Turned "Virtualization Technology" back on in the bios.
parallels 5 works fine and oracles virtualbox works fine.

Very strange indeed.

Doug

Same issue here. Both with Fusion 4 & 5.

Thank you very much, dracon!! I removed the USB 3.0 kexts in S/L/E (CalDigitFastIO.kext, CalDigitHDProDrv.kext & CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext) & now Fusion works!

dracon, Wow thank you very much for this! Funny thing is I installed the usb 3 drivers on my last update even though I do not have any usb 3 peripherals (yet) , future planning I guess.

Well good to know that fusion will work again !. I did upgrade to parallels last week for $29 bucks (techbargains had a deal through newegg)

Cheers ! Doug

dracon, Thank you very much :)

I been struggling with this for days and now I removed the usb kexts and works just fine.

Has anyone had any luck creating an OSX VM via fusion? I've hit a brick wall with parallels and was wondering if any of you happened to be running mountain lion or mavericks as a VM. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back