i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey Guys,

I installed VirtualSMC.kext, SMCProcessor.kext and SMCSuperIO.kext with VirtualSmc.efi in clover kexts/other. Almost all sensors are showing up in HWMonitorSMC2 like Fan readings and CPU/GPU sensors, except onboard sensors like motherboard temperature and voltages. Is there a way to get this to work with VirtualSMC?

MacOS: Mojave 10.14.5

I uploaded log file -> log show --info --debug --last boot | grep SMC

Everything seems OK in log except this part:

2019-05-25 15:48:28.324103+0200 0x9cf Default 0x0 257 2 lsd: (LaunchServices) [com.apple.launchservices:default] Non-fatal error enumerating at <private>, continuing: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The 'PlugIns' file cannot be opened because the file does not exist."
UserInfo={NSURL=PlugIns/ -- file:///Applications/HWMonitorSMC2.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/HWMonitorSMC2%20Helper.app/Contents/, NSFilePath=/Applications/HWMonitorSMC2.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/HWMonitorSMC2 Helper.app/Contents/PlugIns, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fef86d28be0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}

I hope someone could help me. Much appreciated!

p.s I got onboard sensors working with FakeSMC but i really like to use VirtualSMC to be future proof.

Attachments

• grep SMC.txt
    68.4 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
@antiserum420 have you found any solution for this yet? I am in the same position as you, don't wanna use FakeSMC, but need GPUSensors.kext

@antiserum420 have you found any solution for this yet? I am in the same position as you, don't wanna use FakeSMC, but need GPUSensors.kext
Unfortunately not yet. I am tempted to write an extension for VirtualSMC myself to support motherboard temperature and voltages.

Unfortunately not yet. I am tempted to write an extension for VirtualSMC myself to support motherboard temperature and voltages.

Oh Nice! Let me know if you did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back