Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I live in Johannesburg, and am trying to do my first OSx build with loose change. This is (another) personal challenge, and will be very satisfying if I get it right. Previous experience - TBA :D

The better of the 2 PC's lying around at home is this one:

Motherboard Foxconn P4M8709 LGA775
CPU Pentium R Dual Core E2160 1.8 (Late 2006)
RAM 3 GB DDR2 (Found a 2Gb in my desk, and swapped the 1Gb out)
DisplayNvidia Geforce 8400GS 512mb
HDD Tiny IDE (40Gb)
OSx86 10.4.4 Tiger?

I'll dub it Ol' Man Tiger:
(to the tune of Ol' man River)

Ol' man tiger
that old hacked Tiger
We must do sumpin
that ol' tiger's comin
jus gimme a lotta time

I'l' be a Hackintosh
built with no dosh
better than a PC
that'll be so easy
jus u wait n see! :headbang:

And if I get it right, then I'll spoil myself.

goober296 said:
You got style!! good luck :thumbup:

thanks

but I would appreciate some support. Any golden oldies out there who can be my donkey? :geek:

goober296 said:
both of mine are newer so i don't know for sure but here goes, sata drives are what most people use i dont know if eide will work. Cpu probably ok ram and video card ok snow leopard and lion are best operating system choices

Can't use SATA - MB has no slot....

need to find coupla guidelines like BIOS settings. But will research.

Didn't know people are so iCrazy o_O o_O

and now I'm going that way

I'm not sure if your Foxconn mobo will run OSX, but just give it a shot! Why not.

That's what I did when I installed OSX 10.6.3 on an old Intel DG33TL motherboard, also LGA775 with Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz chip. Now, that same setup is running 10.7.2 and this Intel motherboard has been so easy to get OSX running. (only audio and sleep doesn't work, but someone else who used the same mobo had sleep working, so maybe it's just me). For audio, I used an $8 USB plugin audio and that took care of that problem. (Audio worked in 10.6.3/.7, and I think stopped working with Lion 10.7.0)

Check out my guide in the signature, I know we don't have the same mobo but it's basically a rundown of installing OSX from a first-timer point of view (back when I was a newbie :)

Oh you don't have SATA? Confidence meter dropping down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back