i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1050, 1920x1080 + UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi guys,

I managed to silent my fans in the Bios of my Gigabyte motherboard on my hackintosh. After that I noticed that in were the fans of my Gigabyte geforce gtx 750 that were too noisy. I wasn't able to find an option menu in the bios to lower the noise of the fans of my videocard. Looked for 3rd party plugins like OC GURU II, but those are not available for hackintosh.

Any idea to enter this option menu?

Your card shouldn't really be noisy enough to be an issue. There isn't any way to change fan speed of your graphics card in macOS. Windows requires dedicated third party Windows only applications like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Presision.

Your card shouldn't really be noisy enough to be an issue. There isn't any way to change fan speed of your graphics card in macOS. Windows requires dedicated third party Windows only applications like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Presision.
Well, if there is a silent mode, it would be better right? :)
But too bad there isn't an option in mac. Thanks for your help!

The best silent cards have oversized coolers to help dissipate heat. You may find that using a more powerful card would prevent the fans from coming on unless under reasonably heavy load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back