Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X
So, I installed High Sierra and video is working fine on a Samsung 1080p TV. When I switch the output to an LG 4k TV, I get the black screen. The computer is working fine, but the GPU (EVGA 1080ti) is not sending the signal out. I used another computer to test the 4k TV, and it works fine. It must be some incompatibility between the Hackintosh configuration and the LG 4k TV. Any ideas what can cause this?

thanks so much. I've tried a lot of things with no success :(

So, I installed High Sierra and video is working fine on a Samsung 1080p TV. When I switch the output to an LG 4k TV, I get the black screen. The computer is working fine, but the GPU (EVGA 1080ti) is not sending the signal out. I used another computer to test the 4k TV, and it works fine. It must be some incompatibility between the Hackintosh configuration and the LG 4k TV. Any ideas what can cause this?

thanks so much. I've tried a lot of things with no success :(
I tried all sorts of product definitions such as iMac14.2, etc, but no help. I followed the instructions that helped others, and nothing. The weird thing is that the GPU is working on one TV (1080p) and it's not on another (which is 4k). Also, I checked the new TV and it works if I drive from another computer, 60Hz included.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

I tried all sorts of product definitions such as iMac14.2, etc, but no help. I followed the instructions that helped others, and nothing. The weird thing is that the GPU is working on one TV (1080p) and it's not on another (which is 4k). Also, I checked the new TV and it works if I drive from another computer, 60Hz included.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
So I connected via a remote screen while having the new TV connected. The Mac is detecting the LG screen and the resolution goes to 4k, but there's no display on the TV.

I appreciate any help. thank you

I finally managed to get 4k. The way I did it was to connect both TVs, mirror, then optimize for Samsung in 1080p, then change the frequency to 24Hz then back to optimized for LG, and tada, 4k, but @24Hz. Any idea on how to force the frequency of the display to 24Hz? The display menu doesn't give me the option. Thanks

I have had problems on an LG TV also. If you get the answer, please post it here.

So basically if you hit the option key in displays and then scale (while keeping option pressed), you get more options including reducing the frequency. It looks like it remembers the options if I reboot, so that's good. Right now it works at 24 and 30 Hz. (I use 24 since I watch movies). For now I consider it fixed, but there's still work to be done to figure out how to make 60 Hz work.

Also, what I did was to connect with a remote computer to set the option. Otherwise, it'd be pretty hard to do it with the black screen, lol

Thanks but it didn't work for me. I'll keep researching and if I find another fix, I'll post it here, if it's ok with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back