3.6 Ghz 8 Core 9th Gen Core i7
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Gang.
I'm having issues getting to Catalina. Either an upgrade from Mojave or clean install seems to do the same thing.
During the install the video is great on my Radeon graphics card. RX 580 ARMOR. After all is done and you do the first reboot the apple logo comes up after clover and then the bar advances across the screen about 3/4s of the way then bloop. screens go black and never come back....even though the HD light is grinding away. Its a video issue for sure. But IM not sure why.
I've tried multiple Radeon cards...same thing. nvidia works but garbage refresh rate.

Can anyone give me a hint what it could

Hi Gang.
I'm having issues getting to Catalina. Either an upgrade from Mojave or clean install seems to do the same thing.
During the install the video is great on my Radeon graphics card. RX 580 ARMOR. After all is done and you do the first reboot the apple logo comes up after clover and then the bar advances across the screen about 3/4s of the way then bloop. screens go black and never come back....even though the HD light is grinding away. Its a video issue for sure. But IM not sure why.
I've tried multiple Radeon cards...same thing. nvidia works but garbage refresh rate.

Can anyone give me a hint what it could
Do you have whatevergreen.kext? Try disabling that at the Clover boot menu. I get the same issue when using that kext with my 5700 XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back