Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH-OC8.3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 560
I have recently upgraded my build from Sierra to High Sierra on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH and have a few questions:

1. When I migrated from El Capitan to Sierra, I could not get the installation to work acceptably using the onboard Intel HD 530 graphics, so I installed an ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card which worked well

Which provides better graphics performance, the onboard Intel HD 530 graphics or the ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card?

2. I am getting random freezing which I believe is graphics related (I am still using the ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card).

What are the correct graphics settings in Clover. I currently have Inject Intel checked in Clover Configurator and have also tried Inject ATI (unchecking Inject Intel)? Neither of the above settings have solved the random freezing.

I have recently upgraded my build from Sierra to High Sierra on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH and have a few questions:

1. When I migrated from El Capitan to Sierra, I could not get the installation to work acceptably using the onboard Intel HD 530 graphics, so I installed an ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card which worked well

Which provides better graphics performance, the onboard Intel HD 530 graphics or the ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card?

2. I am getting random freezing which I believe is graphics related (I am still using the ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card).

What are the correct graphics settings in Clover. I currently have Inject Intel checked in Clover Configurator and have also tried Inject ATI (unchecking Inject Intel)? Neither of the above settings have solved the random freezing.
i have moved your post to Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back