Contribute
Register

Video editing/ postproduction Workstation, will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone , it is a bit that I follow the forum and try to get an idea of the different set-up .
I am a filmmaker , and that's why I need a very powerful machine that can handle video editing and 3D animation workflow even 4 k .
I am a neophyte , I have never assembled a PC , but to be honest the software installation scares me more.
However, I made a list of components very similar to that proposed in the buying guide , but I would like to hear from you if I will have problems with this configuration .

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X - UD5H

Processor : Intel BX80646I74770K Boxed Intel Core i7- 4770K Haswell 8 MB Cache, 3:50 GHz

Power Supply : Corsair RM1000 RM Series Modular Power Supply (I chose 1000 for more expansion in the future)

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Ballistix Sport

SSD : Crucial M550 SSD , 1TB ,

hdd : seagate 3 TB

Tower : Corsair CC- 9011012 -WW Case Corsair Carbide 500R Mid- Tower ( fits all this stuff in here? )

WiFi: TP -Link TL- WDN4800 N900 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Graphics Card :
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX ? or
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 ? or
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 4GB ?

I'm saving money to be able to afford these components but I have to be sure that they are all compatible , without exception.
Some of you have similar setup ? someone use them for video editing?
can you give me a hand? I'd be very grateful.
M.

The power supply is definetely overkill. You do not need a 1000watt PSU, 750watt is enough. As regards the graphics card i would suggest you Gigabyte GTX770 4GB. You can also see golden builds/user builds as well the video section here ----> http://www.tonymacx86.com/video/

then you say that it all works with the components that I have chosen?

The choice of 1000 watts was because I thought I put more video cards in the future, do you think that does 750w is enough for more than 1 card?

It depends on which cards you'll choose and the amount of hdds, too. My Gigabyte gtx770 2GB and 2-3 hdds work fine with Corsair rm650.

I see in your description that you have an ud3h, what is your opinion about it?
I'm still looking for the right mobo for video editing ,3D And 4k, i was looking for the ud5h, but i just discovered that i can only add 1 graphic card :|.
what do you suggest ?
any suggestion would be very appreciated
Thanks for helping me
M.

Hello everyone , it is a bit that I follow the forum and try to get an idea of the different set-up .
I am a filmmaker , and that's why I need a very powerful machine that can handle video editing and 3D animation workflow even 4 k .
I am a neophyte , I have never assembled a PC , but to be honest the software installation scares me more.
However, I made a list of components very similar to that proposed in the buying guide , but I would like to hear from you if I will have problems with this configuration .

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X - UD5H

Processor : Intel BX80646I74770K Boxed Intel Core i7- 4770K Haswell 8 MB Cache, 3:50 GHz

Power Supply : Corsair RM1000 RM Series Modular Power Supply (I chose 1000 for more expansion in the future)

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 Ballistix Sport

SSD : Crucial M550 SSD , 1TB ,

hdd : seagate 3 TB

Tower : Corsair CC- 9011012 -WW Case Corsair Carbide 500R Mid- Tower ( fits all this stuff in here? )

WiFi: TP -Link TL- WDN4800 N900 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Graphics Card :
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX ? or
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 ? or
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 4GB ?

I'm saving money to be able to afford these components but I have to be sure that they are all compatible , without exception.
Some of you have similar setup ? someone use them for video editing?
can you give me a hand? I'd be very grateful.
M.

I would also like to know if the config works

I see in your description that you have an ud3h, what is your opinion about it?
I'm still looking for the right mobo for video editing ,3D And 4k, i was looking for the ud5h, but i just discovered that i can only add 1 graphic card :|.
what do you suggest ?
any suggestion would be very appreciated
Thanks for helping me
M.

If you need 2 graphics cards go for ud5h or Ud7h. Ud3h is working just perfect for my needs and it works out of the box with MultiBeast. Processor, GPU and RAM are the parts that you have to focus on for your needs, I think.

Are you able to run 3 or 4 monitors with this Video card? Have you gotten this to work ?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back