Graphics
ATI Radeon 6950 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am looking to build a new workstation and need advice to make sure I am buying compatible parts. It will be used primarily for After Effects and Premiere/Final Cut. So far my main concerns are a Sandybridge processor and a Quadro 4000 graphics card. It would be nice if my current memory worked with the new build (G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 PC3 12800). Also, since I will likely be buying the Quadro 4000 first, could I potentially get OS X installed if I put it in my current system until I have the funds to purchase the rest? (Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz, ASUS P7P55D PRO) This will be my first hackintosh, so I was just curious if these things aren't without their issues or if you can in fact have a stable and comparable experience on non-apple hardware. Thanks for your input!

Now looking at the AMD Firepro V5900 instead, has anyone attempted OS X with one of these?

Edit: Nevermind, wouldn't be worth the money since it's not supported for GPU accelerated Mercury Playback Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back