CPU
i5 4670
Graphics
Intel hd 4600 / EVGA GT 630 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys, How are you? I have an HP ProDesk 600 g1 Tower. Here are the components:
  1. 1. i5 4670 Chip
  2. 8 gig of ram
  3. 750 gig 7200 rpm
  4. evga gt 630 2 gig graphics
  5. intel hd 4600 graphics as well
  6. 320 watt power supply
  7. 2 display ports on board
  8. 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI on gt 630
  9. Realtek 2-channel ALC221 Codec
  10. Currently using the internal graphics card
  11. Rosewell N900 wifi card
  12. Broadcom 9460cd bluetooth is working and the wifi didn't work. So I lost patient and said screw it and bought a seperate wifi card to make my life easier.
I need advice on a discrete graphics card. I do have the EVGA GT 630 2 gig. However, I didn't know if its worth using because the internal graphics card is better than the Gt 630. So I wanted to know what upgrades should I make besides increasing the ram and adding an SSD. Which those two things will happen in time. My mother board can hold 32 gig of ram!

For what reason do you want to upgrade the video card? You could consider moving to an AMD card and an RX560 would be a decent upgrade, it does not require any power from the ps, I am currently using one in my Coffee Lake system without issues under 10.13.5 driving three monitors.

I wanted a cheap video card. I just wanted a discrete video card so my hackintosh runs faster and smoother and if i want to play video games or if i want to edit video or photos I can if there is any time I need to edit videos. My geekbench score was lower than the imac version of my computer! Yeah I know I don't have an SSD. But the comparison that is shown on geekbench is that with a SSD imac? How easy is that video card to upgrade and is it pricey?

It should be as simple as installing the card. I don't game so I can't speak to it's gaming ability, but I have a the 4GB Asus version and it works fine for me, but do some research on some Nvidia models too. I got my card for $279 before the mining craze drove prices up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back