Contribute
Register

Video card for Adobe Premiere CC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skittlebrau, that would be awesome! That is pretty much the exact build I am planning, but with a GA-Z97X-UD7-TH mobo.

I installed the nvidia web driver and the CUDA driver, so I was able to enable CUDA acceleration in After Effects CC 2014 and Premiere Pro CC 2014.

AE only supports CUDA for 3D Raytracing renderer and the project I had loaded didn't really take much advantage of that, but you can see in the screenshots I at least had access to the options without needing to do any config file editing like in the past.

In PP CC 2014 I loaded up a video I created that used 1080p clips with multiple effects and colour correction applied and previews at 100% were instant and in realtime. I checked Activity Monitor and CPU usage wasn't that high either, so I can pretty well assume that CUDA is doing its job.

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 6.02.49 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-06 at 5.53.50 pm.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-06 at 5.53.31 pm.png

Thanks Skittlebrau, that's very interesting and helpful. So that is with the GTX 780, and the GTX 780m is a different card then?

Yep, GTX 780.

GTX 780m is the iMac/notebook GPU version that's clocked much lower, but architecturally they belong to the same 'family'.

Does anyone know if the AMD Firepro w7000 works OOB for Yosemite.. I plan on upgrading my build with this card for video editing and 3D Rendering I've seen this card in action in a friend of mine build but he's running windows 8.1

I didn't want to start a new post since I'm asking the exact same question. I don't game but I use Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop etc... CC 2014 and am looking for a card for my new hackintosh build. Based on the latest hardware list

http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-may-2015.html#Graphics_Cards

I'm guessing I should go with a GTX 970 but want to make sure it will work with the Adobe stuff since I've read of people having issues.

What would your suggestion be? Just want to make sure I don't spend all that money on something without being sure.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back