Contribute
Register

Video Card Compatability List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep works fine with my GA GTX 550Ti ! Only thing that doesn't work is the ability to change resolutions.

My assumption is that you can wake from sleep without a black screen or a freeze, then?

There are a great many people here who would like to know your secret. :)

That really depends how you define works. I'd list it as works with terrible exceptions, or not working.

I concur.. The Galaxy GT 430 seems to work but will freeze the system possibly related to waking up the monitor.. (not system sleep).

GTX 560 (non TI)

I made the ML install USB key with Unibeast, I had to add my GTX560 PCI ID (1201) into the ML USB NVDAGF100 kext, I am able to boot on the usb key without option, full video (2560x1440), install ML on my internal HD,
reboot on the HD without option, finish ML installation without problem, then when I reboot I can't go back to the graphic login, every time my monitor fall back in sleep.
I will have to look more into it, but I guess the ML installation reinstall a kext without my GTX560 ID in it.

some people here seems to have no problem with that card, some other are not able to use it.

I read that ML work with all GTX5xx card, how can it does that ? if the PCI ID is not in the kext file ?
(for Lion 10.7.4, I had to add the PCI ID in the kext too for all my graphics card (odd DELL GTX 260, ... GTX560 (non TI))

Thanks to all, my hackintosh has been upgraded to 10.8 :)
My Sapphire HD 5750 Vapour-x works fine
Graphicenable=yes, QE/CI works, duel display and HDMI audio, all working :)

By saying "working", are all of these cards able to recover from sleep and able to display OpenGL tests and games in fullscreen mode? There is a 7 page thread of guys with the 550ti that say no. I am one of them. My install was fine... thought the card had oob functionality with just booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Installer had the correct resolution and first boot went in fine with 1080 x 1920 resolution. But when I use sleep (wake from sleep) or play games that open fullscreen, the OS freezes - gets stuck reporting an NVDA Opengl Channel timeout error in Console. UnigineHeaven , OpenGL tests and some games work fine in windowed mode, but not in fullscreen mode. I am asking this question seeing a 550ti in the list. Perhaps the person reporting it as working could check this on his system, or if he has, let me know, since very few (none on this forum) 550ti users are reporting full functionality except this person. Those that do on other forums just never respond to the question I put forward. Would love to hear from the user...

OpenCl also won't work oob because VRAM is @ 1536 (Apple disabled oob openCL for VRAM above 1500) So he at least had to use the Terminal script to patch GeForceGLDriver.bundle. (or the time consuming manual method in a hex editor)

PNY 1gb GeForce GTX 550ti working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes in a clean install of ML.

Have you managed to wake from sleep without the display crashing? Can you run Unigineheaven , OpenGL tests and games in full screen mode? If so, you are the only 550ti user on this forum that can. In fact, anywhere for that matter. Even OpenCL is not oob as the VRAM detects @ 1536. Apple disabled OpenCL for VRAM greater than 1500. You have to at least do that manually.

The very few on other forums that claim success with the 550ti just don't respond when asked these questions. Would love it if you could. Maybe you know something we don't.

Gigabyte 'GV-N430OC-1GL' (nVidia GeForce GT 430) - Working with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Gigabyte GV-N430OC-1GI (nVidia GeForce GT 430) - working OOB, full resolution first boot

Hey what do you did to make your GTS 450 work ? i have the same EVGA GTS 450 1 gb and its not working!

The only thing I did to get my 450 to work is use the two boot flags I mentioned. Sleep/Wake/Res change issues not withstanding, the card "works"

Cannot get GTX 480 to work for the life of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back