Motherboard
GA-Z170X Designare
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Right now, I have a successful Safire Build. However, I'm looking to replace the video card or stop the sleep-wake issue.

The card I have now is the
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 HDMI / DVI-I / Dual Mini DP with Boost PCI-Express

I'm looking for a few inexpensive ($100-200 usd) Nvidia cards that are better than what a currently have hopefully HDMI and Mini DP

The funny thing is if I have LOGIC X open, I don't run into sleep wake issues, but if I have Logic X closed, sleep wake nightmares

Thanks in advance

I don't know if I would recommend Nvidia going forward, Apple has been using Radeon cards for years now and they seem to have less issues then Nvidia cards. I am currently using an RX560 driving three monitors one of which is 4K and I have zero issues. Now I don't sleep my computer so I can't speak to that, but otherwise I would say Radeon over Nvidia.

I second the advice to stay away from Nvidia. Their High Sierra drivers were buggy and there are still no Mojave drivers.

You are probably better off figuring out what's wrong with sleep on your setup.

Right now, I have a successful Safire Build. However, I'm looking to replace the video card or stop the sleep-wake issue.

The card I have now is the
Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 HDMI / DVI-I / Dual Mini DP with Boost PCI-Express

I'm looking for a few inexpensive ($100-200 usd) Nvidia cards that are better than what a currently have hopefully HDMI and Mini DP

The funny thing is if I have LOGIC X open, I don't run into sleep wake issues, but if I have Logic X closed, sleep wake nightmares

Thanks in advance

Clover graphics setting rad de init.
It was developed by Mieze for AMD wake from sleep issue. You will need a semi current version of clover.

Clover graphics setting rad de init.
It was developed by Mieze for AMD wake from sleep issue. You will need a semi-current version of clover.

Please forgive my ignorance but if i install/use the new version of clover will that undo what the I have done with the previous? also, I have no idea what rad de init is.

Which version of clover do you suggest? Again, sorry for my ignorance but this is golden info for me. I'm getting really excited

Please forgive my ignorance but if i install/use the new version of clover will that undo what the I have done with the previous? also, I have no idea what rad de init is.

Which version of clover do you suggest? Again, sorry for my ignorance but this is golden info for me. I'm getting really excited

Any version of clover from the last 6 months or so will have it. Be careful if you update to the latest clover there are some changes. It will remove your OSXaptiofixdrivers and you will have boot issues. You need to make sure to use the “customize” tab when installing and select your Drivers64EFI choices.

The rad de init option is in the later versions of clover and it allows us to no longer have black screen at boot when we don’t have the IGPU as primary display. It was developed by Mieze based on the whatevergreen kext and later incorporated into clover by Slice. It has been added to the clover graphics setting section.
Download “Clover Configurator” app and open it up and update to the latest version. You will find it in there. You can search around the app without making any changes to your current setup. When you are ready to test it you will want to check a few things.

Do you have a backup disk? Or do you have access to a working hack or Mac?

Any version of clover from the last 6 months or so will have it. Be careful if you update to the latest clover there are some changes. It will remove your OSXaptiofixdrivers and you will have boot issues. You need to make sure to use the “customize” tab when installing and select your Drivers64EFI choices.

The rad de init option is in the later versions of clover and it allows us to no longer have black screen at boot when we don’t have the IGPU as primary display. It was developed by Mieze based on the whatevergreen kext and later incorporated into clover by Slice. It has been added to the clover graphics setting section.
Download “Clover Configurator” app and open it up and update to the latest version. You will find it in there. You can search around the app without making any changes to your current setup. When you are ready to test it you will want to check a few things.

Do you have a backup disk? Or do you have access to a working hack or Mac?

This all sounds good and scary at the same time lol. Yes I do have both a functioning mac as well as a hack. Again thanks for your help and sorry for the questions, but how would I back up what's working, or what would i need to back up incase i screw something up, this way I can get back to my current state.

But yes, I do have a functioning mac and hack. I'll have to check which version of clover I have as well

This all sounds good and scary at the same time lol. Yes I do have both a functioning mac as well as a hack. Again thanks for your help and sorry for the questions, but how would I back up what's working, or what would i need to back up incase i screw something up, this way I can get back to my current state.

But yes, I do have a functioning mac and hack. I'll have to check which version of clover I have as well

You can get a USB stick and create a new clover bootloader. It doesn’t need to have Mac OS on it like a normal installer. You can erase it and format it in HFS journaled mode (name it USB) and load the new clover on it. When using the clover app make sure to target the USB. Then use Customize tab and choose install for UEFI and then go to Drivers64efi tab and uncheck it then open it and select aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader. Then run the install.

Next go to top tool bar and select “Finder” then go to “Preferences” and select the “Hard Disks” option. Now all your drives should show up on your desktop. Open clover configurator app and use “mount EFI” tab. Select the drive you have your OS and clover in. A new disk image should appear on your desktop. Open it and drag the EFI folder to your desktop. You now have a copy of your working EFI folder.
Open your new USB EFI icon with clover on it and open the clover folder. Open your EFI folder on desktop and drag your config.plist to the USB version and hold it on thevClover folder before release. It should give you a replace option, take it. Then go to your desktop EFI folder and drag your clover “Kexts” folder Ty’s that’s all your Kexts in it over to the USB clover folder the same as above. Next check your Drivers64efi folder in the USB version and check that aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader are there. Make sure that OSXaptiofix(1,2 or 3) are not there. They are incompatible.
Now, right click on the USB clover config.plst and choose open with Clover configurator. Open it and go to the symbios section and see if you have the same ID as your working system. If yes then go to the graphics settings and choose Rad de initiate. Close CC app and then close all your other windows and reboot. Hit delete tab at reboot to enter bios menu. Select the PMAP UEFI option in boot override and try to boot.
This is a way to test without altering your current working system if it doesn’t work you can just pull the USB and boot normally.

You can get a USB stick and create a new clover bootloader. It doesn’t need to have Mac OS on it like a normal installer. You can erase it and format it in HFS journaled mode (name it USB) and load the new clover on it. When using the clover app make sure to target the USB. Then use Customize tab and choose install for UEFI and then go to Drivers64efi tab and uncheck it then open it and select aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader. Then run the install.

Next go to top tool bar and select “Finder” then go to “Preferences” and select the “Hard Disks” option. Now all your drives should show up on your desktop. Open clover configurator app and use “mount EFI” tab. Select the drive you have your OS and clover in. A new disk image should appear on your desktop. Open it and drag the EFI folder to your desktop. You now have a copy of your working EFI folder.
Open your new USB EFI icon with clover on it and open the clover folder. Open your EFI folder on desktop and drag your config.plist to the USB version and hold it on thevClover folder before release. It should give you a replace option, take it. Then go to your desktop EFI folder and drag your clover “Kexts” folder Ty’s that’s all your Kexts in it over to the USB clover folder the same as above. Next check your Drivers64efi folder in the USB version and check that aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader are there. Make sure that OSXaptiofix(1,2 or 3) are not there. They are incompatible.
Now, right click on the USB clover config.plst and choose open with Clover configurator. Open it and go to the symbios section and see if you have the same ID as your working system. If yes then go to the graphics settings and choose Rad de initiate. Close CC app and then close all your other windows and reboot. Hit delete tab at reboot to enter bios menu. Select the PMAP UEFI option in boot override and try to boot.
This is a way to test without altering your current working system if it doesn’t work you can just pull the USB and boot normally.

Alright so it turns out my version of clover app does have the RadeonDelnit. I'm going to go through the process you've listed above.

Now, to say the new setting (RadeonDelnit) to the duplication to I have to export and right over it or simply click it and close clover?

Alright so it turns out my version of clover app does have the RadeonDelnit. I'm going to go through the process you've listed above.

Now, to say the new setting (RadeonDelnit) to the duplication to I have to export and right over it or simply click it and close clover?

If you have it in the clover boot menu you can just select it and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back