Contribute
Register

Video/Audio plays for a bit and then stutters and then just stops. Sometimes it comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
570GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

So as the title says when I'm streaming audio (spotify) or streaming videos (youtubue) the playback is fine for a little bit. But eventually the audio and video just stutter and stop all together. I've sometimes come back after awhile and tried again and it works again. Just never consistently.

I have a mavericks install on a GA-Z77-UP4TH Board using the onboard audio. I have a GTX570 installed as well for video.

Would love any ideas!

Here is my check list for problems with video
*(Flash seems to always be the first thing to check)

1) Change system definition (mac mini does not have a dedicated GPU) - I use iMac 13.1
2) Turn off the internal graphics in your bios if it is on
3) You-Tube/Flash player can have problems if you allow hardware acceleration
(you can right click a video and turn off - you then need to restart firefox/browser)
4) Problems with audio devices (USB error-conflict/No Audio devices present, etc...)

Others things:

- use the integrated graphics to see if the problem is related to your dedicated video card
- Ivy Bridge systems have a problem playing HD video (highly documented in this forum)
- if you do not have an usable audio device present(sound output), flash can crash
- If using a DSDT, make sure it is edited/patched correctly for you video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back