Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H170-D3HP
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD 530
Hello,

I bought a "BCM94331CD" chip and a specially modified PCIe Adapter (like the one with four antennas in the first post of this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ini-cards-pcie-and-mini-pcie-adapters.147734/).

After putting it in my hackintosh, i only got Bluetooth. After taking a look in the system profiler, i noticed, that the chipset of the new Bluetooth device reads "20702B0" instead of the expected "BCM94331CD". (see attached file)

Did i get a fake-WLAN-card? On the card it reads "BCM94331CD". What could i have possibly done wrong? Before going beserk on the seller i would appreciate your opinion.

I made sure that the PCIe Adapter is plugged in a PCIe x1 Slot and already tried the second PCIe x1 Slot on the board.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: Seems like i managed to mess up and post this in buying advice. I wanted it to be in troubleshooting. Sorry! Could a mod please be so kind and move this thread to where it belongs?

Attachments

• System Profiler.png
    System Profiler.png
    151 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
That is correct for the BT 4.0 chipset. No problem there. Under Network > Wifi you should see a Firmware version entry
that starts with BCM43...

Last edited:
Hello,

thank you very much for clarifying this! Therefore i will have to spare the seller. :oops:

Sadly, i don't see anything like this under network < wifi in the system profiler. There is no such thing as a firmware entry.
When i try to set up a network using system preferences, then i don't have a wifi option. It's not grey - it's simply not there.

I also don't have anything like an airport card under "hardware" in the system profiler.

The LED of the PCIe adapter is on, so i really don't think i messed up putting it correctly in the PCIe Slot. I also don't think that i messed up putting the BCM94331CD correctly in the PCIe adapter.

What should i do? Thank you in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back