CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm currently in the process of building a new PC and I've seen success stories for all of the processors listed in the title but I'm trying to gauge the risk vs reward.

Basically, how much more difficult is it to get a 5820k or 6800k running than it is to get a 6700k running? Are there any bugs that exist running a 5820k or 6800k that are absent when running a 6700k? For example, is buggy audio a thing with all Hackintoshes or does it just occur in 6 core machines?

For my use case having 6-cores would undoubtedly give me performance gains but I want to know that when I buy these parts I'll be able to get them working.

An I7-6700K is the easiest. Audio has nothing to do with the CPU compatibility. A six core CPU doesn't make the audio harder to get working. Look at some User Builds that use either the 5820K or 6800K and then compare those to a build using the 6700K. Determine if you want to do the extra work involved in the former. If you want to use this build for gaming a 6 Core I7 doesn't offer much in terms of better gaming performance. The 6700K would be my first choice.

An I7-6700K is the easiest. Audio has nothing to do with the CPU compatibility. A six core CPU doesn't make the audio harder to get working. Look at some User Builds that use either the 5820K or 6800K and then compare those to a build using the 6700K. Determine if you want to do the extra work involved in the former. If you want to use this build for gaming a 6 Core I7 doesn't offer much in terms of better gaming performance. The 6700K would be my first choice.

Yeah, I've been going through the threads, the audio thing looks to have something to do with x99 Motherboards that the 6+ core cpus require. And I'd game on it but it'd mainly be a computer for my home studio. The increased cores reduces recording latency and speeds up the rendering time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back