Contribute
Register

VIA VT2021 codec Audio/ H61M-S2H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, 1TB WD Green series, 120Gb Kingston Hyper X, 16GB G.Skill @1600Mhz
CPU
3570K i5 @ 3.8Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, I'm helping my friend out by Hackintoshing his PC for him.

His Specs:
-GIGABYTE H61M-S2H
-Intel Core i5 3.0Ghz
-EVGA 550Ti 2Gb
-4Gb Ram
-500Gb 7200rpm HDD

I have installe Lion 10.7.4 on it no prob. My issue right now is only audio. I have everything else working, from graphics to iCloud. I know the problem is with the onboard audio device being VIA VT2021 codec. OS X doesn't like it I guess. I have installed Voodoo 2.7.3 and then I reboot and it works well! But on the second reboot I get KP when I hear the speakers kick in, or after it boots up, it'll go black screen then KP.

Any help would be very appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Did you get this working? I have the same audio chip (Gigabyte GA-Z77-DH3 board)
I installed the voodoo driver (this only works in 32 bit mode... boot with arch=i386 at chameleon boot screen) but it only works on the HDMI ports. My monitor only uses analog no HDMI enabled was no use to me.

Just wondering whether you're in the same situation

keys3429 said:
Did you get this working? I have the same audio chip (Gigabyte GA-Z77-DH3 board)
I installed the voodoo driver (this only works in 32 bit mode... boot with arch=i386 at chameleon boot screen) but it only works on the HDMI ports. My monitor only uses analog no HDMI enabled was no use to me.

Just wondering whether you're in the same situation
Same board here - My USB AUDIO adapter with mic-in and line-out works flawlessly.

"Speedlink VIGO USB sound card" is what solved the issues for this mainboard.

Get something like this if you are in the US:
http://www.amazon.com/External-Adapter- ... sound+card

Ok, I found a fix for everything. Without buy a USB thing. It's called Voodoo Loader. InsanelyMac Protégé is the man behind the program and and HUGE THANKS TO HIM! What it does, is it loads the voodoo.kext after the system has already booted up. It removes the .kext from the boot up cache. So it completely eliminates the possibility of a Kernel Panic! It's perfect!

How to do it:
Download VoodooLoader & VoodooPatcher

Open VoodooPatcher, and drag the Voodoo 2.7.3 kext file into it. (I just grabbed the .kext file from S/L/E folder after multibeast)

Then run VoodooLoader and when it finishes remove any HDA file from S/L/E folder

Reboot.

DONE!

Feel pretty dumb now... Found out that all beginners at InsanelyMac are called InsanelyMac Protégés :problem: so I don't know his name but that person is still pretty damn cool for creating VoodooLoader!! :clap:

pablobtown said:
Feel pretty dumb now... Found out that all beginners at InsanelyMac are called InsanelyMac Protégés :problem: so I don't know his name but that person is still pretty damn cool for creating VoodooLoader!! :clap:

Did u get via 2021 work?

thanks

I have this board H61M-S2H (Rev 1.3) and I use the HDMI audio...its really hard now....GOOGLE demystifying hdmi tonymacx86:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948

It is so easy and it works flawlessly why even use the analog audio unless you are using some desktop speakers and or your broke. By a new tv with HDMI or a AV receiver with hdmi. The only reason I could see using it is if your use the analog audio for zone 2 on a denon receiver or equivalent that has zoned audio. In that case just use a airport express and use the airfoil app to push all your system audio to your A.E. Just my 2 cents :)

Oh and if you want to cheat use the DSDT.aml for bios revision F5 and AppleHDA.kext attached in place of yours and you should be all set. The kext will not work unless you goto safari preferences general tab and uncheck open "safe" files after downloading unzip it then rebuild your kexts with kext utility.

Edit - HDMI audio works also on Yosemite 10.10.3 with the DSDT.aml & AppleHDA.kext listed below. :)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.3 KB · Views: 178
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back