1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi guys. So, I ran the combo update going from 10.9.1 - 10.9.3 and it seemed to be successful, my computer rebooted and appeared to continue with the installation, but my attention was diverted by a phone call before I could run Multibeast, and when I got back to it, my PC had gone into suspend mode. S3 Suspend was working perfectly before, but when I tried to wake the machine this time it wouldn't come up, so I had to hard reset.

Unfortunately, in doing this it somehow reset my BIOS settings. I then went through and reapplied all my previous settings, but now my computer won't boot into Mavericks.. at all. If I try to boot with -v it just reboots, so I can't even see what is causing my issue.

Not so much of a problem in itself, I could always reinstall, but now I can't even get Unibeast to load up.

I tested my Unibeast USB on my other computer, and it loads up just fine, there seems to be something wrong with either my BIOS settings, or perhaps my hardware has been damaged somehow? Thinking my BIOS might have been corrupted, I re-flashed it, but to no avail.

I should also mention I am able to boot into Windows on this PC, from another hard drive, and all appears fine there. I'm at a loss at this point, any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

EDIT - More info: To clarify, using my Unibeast USB (created from 10.9.1) I'm not able to boot to installer, or my Mavericks HDD. Both fail with instant reboot after loading files from USB.

My Boot.plist from working machine prior to upgrade:
Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
        <key>IGPEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

I've managed to resolve this after some fiddling. It seems there was something wrong in my BIOS preventing me from booting, I thought I had set all the usual settings, but no dice. I honestly don't know what I did in the end, but the system is up and working again. Operator error seems to have been my problem.

After booting up, I did have to patch AppleRTC.kext to get sleep working again, and reapply the TRIM patch from Multibeast, but otherwise everything seems to be working nicely. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back