Graphics
GT220 Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I thought it was either my cpu fan or the case fan making the majority of noise but it seems it is the actual powersupply fans this is a coolmaster case so was wondering if there is a very quiet model of powersupply i can buy
thanks

Most good quality PSUs will be virtually silent. If your PSU came with the case it is likely to be a pretty budget. I cannot hear my Antec Neo above my case fans when they are running at 5v so its basically silent.

yicks that Cooler Master Silent Pro powersupply is really expensive... cant believe it I thought it was the whole case

new egg doesnt seem to ship outside of the US

i should've asked whether your PSU is dated or not. based on my experience, it's typically the CPU fan or the graphics card. perhaps you've just got a bum power supply? since their fans are pretty small, typically they're pretty quiet.

dh22r said:
i should've asked whether your PSU is dated or not. based on my experience, it's typically the CPU fan or the graphics card. perhaps you've just got a bum power supply? since their fans are pretty small, typically they're pretty quiet.
its new, its not real noisy just noisy like ever PC i ever owned compared to something like an Imac or macmini which is silent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back