Contribute
Register

Very annoying allocating page error. Completely avoidable, but bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth x99
CPU
Intel i7-5820k
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello everyone!

I started working on a new build for my sister to use as a design studio two days ago. I've basically got it, to what I would consider 95% complete. I have tried everything I can think of, but I just can't get this fixed.

So basically the problem is as follows; when I boot into clover and select the drive I want too quickly I get a 'Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####... alloc type 2 Couldn't allocate runtime area.'

The interesting thing is, if I boot up and then cycle through clover all the way to the exit clover option and cycle all the way back to the drive, wait a few seconds and boot, it boots up no problem whatsover. Strangely if I just wait on the drive, it seems more likely to fail than if I was to cycle through all of the options.

Things I have tried include:
1. Changing USB devices around, didn't help.
2. Trying osxaptiofixdrv instead of osxaptiofix2drv. This gave me more memory errors and kernel problems. I figured this wasn't really a step in the right direction, if I can already get it to boot most of the time.
3. Playing with a huge variety of boot args.

I have a feeling it has something to do with her hardware and her bios configuration. If I boot off her UEFI Clover on my Hackintosh build (which is a very similar setup, but not exactly) I do not get this error, that is why I think it is something system related. I tried looking for things in the bios that might be causing this, but couldn't find anything.

If this was my build, I wouldn't mind it, but for her I would like to get rid of all the bootloader/verbose stuff and make it as close to a Mac as possible.

The build:
Intel i7 5820k
MSI Raider X99A
16gb Ripjaws V
500gb Samsung Evo
Gigabyte GTX 750Ti (This was an absolute pain to get working 100%)

I'll be posting on ****** as well, so if anyone has this problem and I figure it out myself or from help there, I'll update here!

Thanks!

Thought I was losing my mind. I'm having this EXACT same issue, and I too tried all of the fixes you mentioned without any luck. It's the weirdest thing.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running:

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
16GB Ripjaws 4
980 GTX (can't get GPU acceleration working)
UniBeast/Clover install to 10.11.4

Thought I was losing my mind. I'm having this EXACT same issue, and I too tried all of the fixes you mentioned without any luck. It's the weirdest thing.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running:

Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
16GB Ripjaws 4
980 GTX (can't get GPU acceleration working)
UniBeast/Clover install to 10.11.4

I've been crazy busy with school and work. I'm going to try and get it working this weekend. I'll let you know if I have any luck!

Exact same issue. Glad I saw from you that I could scroll through the options and it works... Any solutions?

Exact same issue. Glad I saw from you that I could scroll through the options and it works... Any solutions?

I spent like 20 hours trying to get it to work this weekend and got no where. I'm honestly just going to craigslist this motherboard and put in the same motherboard I have in a similarly working setup. I decided it isn't worth all this effort and I don't want to constantly have an unstable system.

I tracked down a fix that worked for me!

Follow this thread: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/125/?page=0 and see if it does the trick? I'm using that modified version of OsxAptioFix2Drv, "OsxAptioFixDrv-free2000.efi

The file is linked to on page 9 of that thread.

I already bought a new motherboard, but I'll be happy to return it when it gets here if this works. I'll check after work tonight! Thank you for the post!

I already bought a new motherboard, but I'll be happy to return it when it gets here if this works. I'll check after work tonight! Thank you for the post!

If it works for you, wish I had found it sooner. Good luck though let me know how it goes!

If it works for you, wish I had found it sooner. Good luck though let me know how it goes!
Amazing this worked perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back