Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
Intel> Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel version # > See Rules!
My Hackintosh (Intel NUC8I7BEH) always boots in verbose mode, although I don't have the -v option activated in the clover config.plist (and never had). Apparently one should try to reset the NVRAM. Trying to do this on the clover bootscreen (by pressing F11) did not help. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
If you are emulating native NVRAM support with EmuVariableUefi.efi then every time that you clear NVRAM EmuVariableUefi.efi will restore it from nvram.plist.

I am using EmuVariableUefi.efi, but I don't have (or seem to have) a nvram.plist file in my EFI folder.

I don't have (or seem to have) a nvram.plist file in my EFI folder.
That is because it is not located in the /EFI folder.

Delete EmuVariableUefi.efi.
Restart.
At the Clover boot screen clear NVRAM with F11 - The system will restart.
Once the OS has loaded, if you need to emulate native NVRAM support then reinstall EmuVariableUefi.efi.

Well, where is the file located then?

In any case, I did as you recommended, but nothing changed. Perhaps this is because my F11 key press is not recognised correctly? I'm using a 65% keyboard without a dedicated F11 key. Upon pressing the keycombo that should generate F11, the clover screen quickly turns all grey before showing the various options again, but no complete restart of the system. Perhaps that's the issue? Is the system supposed to do a complete restart?

Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated.

F11 key press is not recognised correctly?
If your F11 is not recognised then of course NVRAM will not be cleared.

Remove EmuVariableUefi.efi.
Boot into the OS.
Open Terminal and type :
Code:
sudo nvram -c

Press return then type your password - It will not show on screen.
Press return again.
Restart when the command has completed.

This seems to have done the trick! Thanks a lot!

This seems to have done the trick! Thanks a lot!
If your motherboard does not have native NVRAM support then you may find that Apple services will not work without emulation by way of EmuVariableUefi.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back