<< Solved >> Ventura / i210-GE-1T-X1: Uplink but no network traffic

Motherboard
GigaByte Z70X-UD3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi folks,
finally made the upgrade from Mojave to Ventura btw. bought a WD Black SN770 and did a fresh install with Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1 and OpenCore 0.9.1. The one last think - beside that the RX 580 disables both HDMI und DVI ports when a network card is attached to the mainboard - is: my Intel i210-GE doesn´t work. It shows up in the network preferences, it detects if a cable is connected or not but it doesn´t do any layer 3 stuff. After some time it comes up with the "self assigned ip address", configuring a manual entry the link indicator of the preference pane changes from yellow to green but still no network traffic. After some hours of trying and internet research I ran out of ideas and hope somebody here on the forum can show me the way.

Best regards,
Mike

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 50
What’s the Device ID for your PCIe Intel Ethernet controller? This should be shown in Hackintool on the PCIe Devices tab.

Is the device id included in the Intel Ethernet kext you are using?

Hi,
thanks for the reply. I didn´t include the device id, I´ll try this as soon as I have some time for that. But that raises another question: I have a second box running 10.14 w. clover but this box has two Intel cards - do I need to add both IDs to the kext or am I limited to one card because only one ID can be added?
Best regards,
Mike

Depending on the cards device ID you may need to use an alternative kext. Adding the device ID to a kext or using a fake device ID for a supported card are other options. Using a fake ID being the better option.

Without knowing the device ID for each of the cards you are using it is not possible to tell you which option will work, or if any will work. If they are all using the same device ID it should be simpler to find an option that can be used in both systems.

Hm, may be I should try the fake ID (see Hackintool screenshot from the GigaByte with the two Intel cards).
intels.jpg

I´m hesitating to remove one Intel card from the box and use the onboard device while to me it seems to be the better idea when working with different mainboards and vendors to keep key components like graphic card and network card identical.

The Device-ID for your 2 x Intel Ethernet cards is 0x1533. This device-id is included in the AppleIGB.kext attached below. So it should work with both cards.

Try adding this kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist, see if that sorts out the issues you are facing.

Having two cards using the same kext shouldn't matter.

Your motherboard's Intel i219-V Ethernet port (built-in) is also supported in macOS, but requires a different kext - IntelMausi.kext, a copy of this kext is also attached below.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    132.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IntelMausi.kext.zip
    57.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi Edhawk,
it´s working, thanks a lot! While I don´t have the chance to test the IntelMausi.kext with the GigaByte MoBo I´ve added the AppleIGB.kext to my EFI partition and added it to my config.plist. I also added a second Intel i210-GE network card to the Asus box and both cards got an IP address via DHCP and the Asus box could be mounted via smb on both cards from other machines on the network. For now I think the problem is solved as the GigaByte box would be a problem of it´s own.

Best regards,
Mike

Back