Contribute
Register

Ventura 13.0.1 Update broke My Ethernet (again)

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero Z590
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is just an FYI on my experience with Ventura under OpenCore 0.8.5-0.8.6: I have 2 onboard I225V Ethernet ports on my mobo. When I originally updated from Monterey to Ventura 13.0.0 I lost Ethernet connectivity and had to resort to using both the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext (rescued from Monterey) and the SSDT-I225V.aml that I discovered people discussing on here (thanks!). Unfortunately, what I later assumed was a simple "dot-one" update last week, to Ventura 13.0.1, turned into an immediate boot-loop on restart. Took me awhile to figure out that I needed to jettison the SSDT-I225V.aml (for some reason). Now I'm back with full Ethernet connectivity but only use the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext in my OC setup. (BTW, my Hackintosh absolutely needs the e1000=0 boot arg; without it, I am able to boot into Ventura but Finder immediately freezes if I go anywhere near the Network preferences in System Settings).

It's because SSDT-I225V.aml is not universal but board specific. Using SSDT-DMAR.aml + AppleVTd will be a more robust future proof method, I guess.

I am also experiencing the same issue on Mac OS 13.1 and solved by using AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext and boot arg.

Back