Contribute
Register

Vega 64 Underwhelming. What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. When installing kexts to /Library/Extensions/, you have to make sure that cache is updated. To simplify this, you can use utilities such as KextBeast.

To use KextBeast:
  1. Copy your kexts to your desktop.
  2. Launch KextBeast.
  3. Follow on screen instructions.
Lol sleep broken now! I’ll lodge a thread in a more appropriate section. Thank again for all your help!

Lol sleep broken now! I’ll lodge a thread in a more appropriate section. Thank again for all your help!
Add "AptioMemoryFix" That should fix your sleep issue. I run that and OsxAptioFix3Drv together.

All I did was just plug it in :-/
Copy that. I'll have to try removing all my custom code. The Vega didn't use to be officially supported. They added support with the latest, maybe they clocked it better as well. Out of area at the moment. I'll give it a shot this weekend :)

Add "AptioMemoryFix" That should fix your sleep issue. I run that and OsxAptioFix3Drv together.

AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv should never be used together at the same time. Pick one and use it, not both.

AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv should never be used together at the same time. Pick one and use it, not both.
I keep hearing people say that, but my system is not stable with only one. Tried both alone and issues always ensued.

I keep hearing people say that, but my system is not stable with only one. Tried both alone and issues always ensued.

Since you are on Z390, it's more than likely that you also need EmuVariableUefi-64.kext. You can also try OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix3Drv.

Since you are on Z390, it's more than likely that you also need EmuVariableUefi-64.kext. You can also try OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix3Drv.
I read about EMU Variable as well on Insanely mac. Aptio Fix 2 had similar issues. I was using 2000 at the beginning of the year, but started having issues (around the release of 10.14.4).

Crap -Just downloaded my zip file from my thread (Not at home this week). Looks like at the end of May I switched to using EMU + Fix3. I've made so many changes to get this system stable that I get confused on the last thing I did, lol. It all started when I decided to try and eliminate all the Clover options and drivers that I could. I'll double check this when I get home this weekend. I'll update my thread to match which ever method is working right.

@morganb : My fault with that advice. You are also on Z370 which is a bit more different than I thought. Have you gotten your sleep issues resolved yet?

I read about EMU Variable as well on Insanely mac. Aptio Fix 2 had similar issues. I was using 2000 at the beginning of the year, but started having issues (around the release of 10.14.4).

Crap -Just downloaded my zip file from my thread (Not at home this week). Looks like at the end of May I switched to using EMU + Fix3. I've made so many changes to get this system stable that I get confused on the last thing I did, lol. It all started when I decided to try and eliminate all the Clover options and drivers that I could. I'll double check this when I get home this weekend. I'll update my thread to match which ever method is working right.

@morganb : My fault with that advice. You are also on Z370 which is a bit more different than I thought. Have you gotten your sleep issues resolved yet?

No I have not but I’m at work and it will be a good few hours before I’m at my hack. I’m seeing darkwake as a possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back