Contribute
Register

Vega 64 Underwhelming. What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are already on 10.14.5, 198K is an exceptional score.

What do you mean you can't get past 14,2?

Well I would have thought that given my cpu, 19,2 would have been better but I get no display. I can hear from hitting keys that there is a login prompt, just no display. Same with 18,1 and iMacPro1,1

Well I would have thought that given my cpu, 19,2 would have been better but I get no display. I can hear from hitting keys that there is a login prompt, just no display. Same with 18,1 and iMacPro1,1

Please post your EFI folder and take a screenshot to show what you have in /Library/Extensions/.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.53.46 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.53.46 pm.png
    98 KB · Views: 49
Here you are (thanks!)

Please make a backup of your existing EFI folder so that you can boot from it in the event this one doesn't work for you at all and try this one.

Please install the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen to /Library/Extensions/.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 60
Please make a backup of your existing EFI folder so that you can boot from it in the event this one doesn't work for you at all and try this one.

Please install the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen to /Library/Extensions/.

COOL
Thanks. What did you do??

COOL
Thanks. What did you do??

• Added two renames.
  • Removed Inject ATI.
  • Updated AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, FakeSMC to latest in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

• Added two renames.
  • Removed Inject ATI.
  • Updated AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, FakeSMC to latest in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
And to put those kexts in Lib\Ext I just copy them over these days, correct?

And to put those kexts in Lib\Ext I just copy them over these days, correct?

No. When installing kexts to /Library/Extensions/, you have to make sure that cache is updated. To simplify this, you can use utilities such as KextBeast.

To use KextBeast:
  1. Copy your kexts to your desktop.
  2. Launch KextBeast.
  3. Follow on screen instructions.

Aaaaaaand.....BINGO!

Thanks man :)))

No. When installing kexts to /Library/Extensions/, you have to make sure that cache is updated. To simplify this, you can use utilities such as KextBeast.

To use KextBeast:
  2. Launch KextBeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.31.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.31.22 pm.png
    71 KB · Views: 47

To use KextBeast:
  2. Launch KextBeast.
And....now officially very cheerful!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.34.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.34.22 pm.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back