Contribute
Register

Vega 64 only allows max resolution of 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
remove the fakepciid just to be sure and install latest lilu and whatevergreen
yes, fakepciid does nothing on it's own

Hm, having mounted the EFI-partition, a few more kexts showed up.

However, I did as instructed and updated Lilu + Whatevergreen, and also removed the FakePCIID. The latter still shows up in Hackintools, however.

EDIT: Also, I messed around with the Displays-options in Hackintools, trying to force 2440x1440. However, no luck whatsoever. Tried both installations-method described in the "Hackintool Help"-thing.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2020-02-12 kl. 11.20.23.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-02-12 kl. 11.20.23.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Skärmavbild 2020-02-12 kl. 11.20.07.png
    Skärmavbild 2020-02-12 kl. 11.20.07.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 47
Hm, having mounted the EFI-partition, a few more kexts showed up.

However, I did as instructed and updated Lilu + Whatevergreen, and also removed the FakePCIID. The latter still shows up in Hackintools, however.

EDIT: Also, I messed around with the Displays-options in Hackintools, trying to force 2440x1440. However, no luck whatsoever. Tried both installations-method described in the "Hackintool Help"-thing.
you may want to update your kexts

But would it help? I only want the graphics thing sorted. Everything else works fine.
it could help

also add boot argument:
-cdfon

and you could add your screen resolution in your config.plist

it could help

also add boot argument:
-cdfon

and you could add your screen resolution in your config.plist

Updated the kexts and added -cdfon to the boot-arguments. Didn't help. The "-cdfon"-thing changed my display preferences, but other than that - no effect.

Where do I add the screen resolution in my config?

EDIT: What about this "Inject EDID"-feature. Doesn't that sound like what I'm looking for?

EDIT2: I messed around with the Displays-EDID-thing in Hackintools, and I managed to get the "2560x1440"-alternative to show up in the Display Preferences. However, when I apply the settings the output gets all squashed up in the middle of the screen. According to the monitors menu, the resolution is really 1600x1200, even though the settings says 2560x1440.

I'm starting to give up on this monitor. Just don't want to spend money on a new one and find that it acts the same way.

EDIT3: Just booted up Windows and I'm getting the same error there. I'm just going to go ahead and call incompatibility issues between this monitor and my GPU.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back