Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370-f
CPU
I7- 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi guys, Firstly, I have searched and searched for information on this. But I need to put me mind at rest.

Ive just swapped out my 1070ti for a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+, because I need Mojave for work now.

Ive completed a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6 which all seems to be running fine.

I'm using Whatevergreen from multibeast.

Now, When I boot the fans come on at what I consider a low speed. When Mojave loads, the fans switch off (everyone agrees this is normal). When I run a complex stress test using LuxMark the GPU maxes out according the activity monitor, the fans come on, and it kicks out a tonne of heat.

What is worrying me, is that that fans only seem to have 2 speeds - On or Off. When they are on, they just don't seem to spin up to a decent RPM. I know this is meant to be a good fairly quiet card but I just feel the fans should be working harder during this test.

So my questions:

-Am I just being over cautious?
-Is there an accepted solid method to:

a. monitor the temperature of this card (HW monitor only shows GPU die at 127 degrees constantly regardless of what the GPU is doing)
b. control the fans? set different curves? even just test the full range of RPM so that I see how this card should sound at 100% RPM

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Ive found many posts about fan control from pre 10.14.4 systems. But I'm unsure what is still required as Mojave's GPU support has apparently improved with the latest versions.

Thanks

Ben

Radeon video card fans spins up when it hit 50C. It's normal since video card's BIOS controls that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back