Contribute
Register

Vega 64 is constantly turned on and off while in idle mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z370-F Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have observed that my vega 64 when my hack is in idle mode, is activated by turning on the blue LED and turns off, this is constant. I do not know what can be due. Do you know how to solve it? Thank you

Mojave Last Version
Asus z370-F
Sapphire vega 64

Last edited:
I have observed that my vega 64 when my hack is in idle mode, is activated by turning on the blue LED and turns off, this is constant. I do not know what can be due. Do you know how to solve it? Thank you

@FernandoCoverdale,

Are you referring to the row of blue LED's on the Vega card ?

If so then its normal for the first one or two LED's to light depending on what your doing even if there are no apps using the GPU. MacOS uses Metal API to render the GUI so there is always some processing being done on the Vega.

There where some issues with the early Vega drivers that did not throttle the clock very well which sometimes meant that you would see more LED's light when in an idle state, but the issue was fixed in 10.14.5.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@FernandoCoverdale,

Are you referring to the row of blue LED's on the Vega card ?

If so then its normal for the first one or two LED's to light depending on what your doing even if there are no apps using the GPU. MacOS uses Metal API to render the GUI so there is always some processing being done on the Vega.

There where some issues with the early Vega drivers that did not throttle the clock very well which sometimes meant that you would see more LED's light when in an idle state, but the issue was fixed in 10.14.5.

Cheers
Jay
I may not explain it well, I'm sorry, I mean when I suspend my computer or go into sleep mode, the screen turns off and then the rest included my gpu, but after 3 or 4 seconds I activate my computer again activating the fans of my cpu and activating my graphic "that's why I said it turned on my vega from color to blue", then all cpu, motherboard, gpu is switched off again and after 3 or 4 seconds it is activated again all, so on, the monitor never turns on, it is very unpleasant to have the equipment in idle mode and listen to the power relay and see the tower illuminate every x seconds.

when I suspend my computer or go into sleep mode, the screen turns off and then the rest included my gpu, but after 3 or 4 seconds I activate my computer again activating the fans of my cpu and activating my graphic "that's why I said it turned on my vega from color to blue", then all cpu, motherboard, gpu is switched off again and after 3 or 4 seconds it is activated again all, so on

@FernandoCoverdale,

Ok I think I understand the issue now.

What your saying is that when you sleep the system, it wakes and then sleeps again every few seconds ... which sounds like a power management issue rather than a gpu one.

Some USB devices can cause wake/sleep issues including certain keyboards and mice.
First try unplugging all USB devices except Keyboard and mouse and try system sleep again.

If that does not work then check you are implementing native CPU power management ... see this guide for more info :-

Cheers
Jay

Clover ACPI settings: enable Cstates, check box for C6
Also set bios to activate Cstates.

Trying to sleep without these settings or a proper SSDT can be troublesome.

If nothing else works go to System Preferences “energy savings” and uncheck the put all hard drives to sleep and cpu sleep. Just turn on and off manually.

in the end I solve it by selecting in Clover the Smbios 19.1 that is supposedly optimized for Vega, now I can put the equipment in sleep mode and it completely turns off everything until I wake it up by pressing any key or trackpad
Apparently everything works fine, including messages, icloud etc.
But I have no way of getting a valid serial number after doing the verification with the apple website, although it does not give me problems I would like to be able to put a valid one. Any ideas? Thanks

But I have no way of getting a valid serial number after doing the verification with the apple website, although it does not give me problems I would like to be able to put a valid one.

@FernandoCoverdale,

SMBIOS 19,X serial numbers are discussed in detail in this guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back