Contribute
Register

Vega 64 - High Fans - VGTab Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thanks, in that case I'll try reinstall the kext, maybe try it in efi clover kext other and keep trying things. Let me know if you think of any other things I can try. Thanks for your help.

Update - not much luck:

1. Reinstalled generate information kext from VGTab and installed with kext beast - still doing nothing.
2. Now that I have enabled iGPU (For preview, quicklook) playing a HVEC video does not reduce the fans.
3. Tried VegaLowSpeed fan kext and that resulted in intermittent flashing black screen every few minutes so uninstalled that.
4. Some boots the fan stays low, usually on initial boot up after being shutdown overnight

Update - not much luck:

1. Reinstalled generate information kext from VGTab and installed with kext beast - still doing nothing.
2. Now that I have enabled iGPU (For preview, quicklook) playing a HVEC video does not reduce the fans.
3. Tried VegaLowSpeed fan kext and that resulted in intermittent flashing black screen every few minutes so uninstalled that.
4. Some boots the fan stays low, usually on initial boot up after being shutdown overnight

Please post your EFI folder and let me know what you have in /Library/Extensions/.

Okay ill disable SIP now and let you know thanks!

Unfortunately no difference in VGTab :(

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.47.19 am.png

Okay ill try that now!

Also do you have this enabled too? Its disabled with 0x67?

IMG_1958-squashed.JPG

Okay tried enabling it too & /Clover/Kext/Other just in case and no difference! So annoying, guess I'll just be using headphones haha. It wouldn't be a BOIS setting would it? If I have the computer shut down for a while and then after initial boot I get his clover screen. If I let it continue booting then it just hangs (Unless I quit and boot into windows) however subsequent reset/restarts are fine without problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1954-squashed.JPG
    IMG_1954-squashed.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 209
Okay tried enabling it too & /Clover/Kext/Other just in case and no difference! So annoying, guess I'll just be using headphones haha. It wouldn't be a BOIS setting would it? If I have the computer shut down for a while and then after initial boot I get his clover screen. If I let it continue booting then it just hangs (Unless I quit and boot into windows) however subsequent reset/restarts are fine without problem.

I have no idea. I've never ever seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back