i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys,

I'm again struggling to get my hackintosh working as I want it to. I've read a lot, but I can't figure it out by myself.

My hardware:
- Intel i7 7700k
- 48 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
- ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
- AMD Vega 64

I have Catalina 10.15.2 and would like to use Sidecar and AppleTV, but obviosly both together isn't working fine.

When I use iMac18,3 I can have Sidecar, but AppleTV doesn't play any video.
When I use iMacPro1,1 I can't have Sidecar, but AppleTV works fine.

Is there any possibility to get this done?
The bootargs shikigva=16,40,80,144 and shiki-id= I have tried. But maybe someone can check my EFI folder to help me!
I would really appreciate that! :)

Cheers! :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 48
When I use iMac18,3 I can have Sidecar, but AppleTV doesn't play any video.
When I use iMacPro1,1 I can't have Sidecar, but AppleTV works fine.

@SirDaniel94,

When using the iMac18,X SMBIOS you should be able to get Apple TV+ working by using the SHIKIGVA=16 boot argument (make sure to use latest Lilu + WEG) . SideCar encoding is done via the IGPU so it should be enabled in the BIOS with the Vega GPU set as the primary. The IGPU should be configured as headless.

The iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS uses the AMD GPU for all DRM authentication and decode, so it is not necessary to use the SHIKIGVA=XX boot argument. As it uses a Xeon CPU that has no IGPU so it should be disabled in the BIOS. However the iMacPro has a T2 chip which is used for SideCar encode which of course PC don't have so it is currently not possible to get SideCar working with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

DRM is covered in detail the Lilu + Plug-in's guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Hello,

thank you for your help! Unfortunately the shikigva=16 boot argument doesnt help me :(
What do you mean with "headless"?

Also the shikigva=80 argument doesnt help me with my configuration.

So there is no possibility for me to use DRM and Sidecar at the moment? Correct? I have lilu 1.41. and weg 1.3.6

Cheers
Dan

thank you for your help! Unfortunately the shikigva=16 boot argument doesnt help me

@SirDaniel94,

SHIKIGVA=16 should work well with a Vega GPU.

If it's not working for you then as detailed in the guide you should post your issue on the official WEG support thread so that the developers can address the issue :-

What do you mean with "headless"?

IGPU should be configured with a connector-less PlatformID, see the "Headless" section of the guide :-

Also the shikigva=80 argument doesnt help me with my configuration.

As detailed in the guide the SHiKi bitmask of 80 (16 + 64) does not currently work for a lot of people and is currently work in progress, it's purpose is to enable DRM playback in Safari, for now you should just concentrate on getting SHIKIGVA=16 working.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back